Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 6,684 times

Advertisements

Yuacipa has it's problems but still a pretty nice place to live.
I moved here from Fontana about 20 yrs. ago. I have a mobile locksmith
service. Moderator cut: advertising
Been to several moble home parks and don't see how the city can raise the
rent on these poor people . Maybe the city council should try and live on a fixed income
and have someone raise their rent every year.
Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by Count David; 01-04-2012 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: advertising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 02:00 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergar View Post
Yuacipa has it's problems but still a pretty nice place to live.
I moved here from Fontana about 20 yrs. ago. I have a mobile locksmith
service. Moderator cut: advertising
Been to several moble home parks and don't see how the city can raise the
rent on these poor people . Maybe the city council should try and live on a fixed income
and have someone raise their rent every year.
Moderator cut: advertising
Its not the city who raises the space rent. Its the greedy landlords. Yucaipa is under rent control so they let the landlords raise the rent by whatever the cpi is. The highest my rent was ever raised was about $11.00 month & the lowest was .26 month. If the greedy landlords could they would surely raise it ALOT. Rent control fee per space is $2.95 (landlord & tenant pay $2.95 ea). The city council is weak & they let the yvwd burn us BIG time. There is more going on in yucaipa then what you think. Look at upper yucaipa blvd. I DONT trust them + the paramedic fee is a con. Its ok cause they will get theirs someday.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 AM

987 posts, read 1,746,953 times
Well to be honest, its a nice place to live, (low crime rate) however being that my kids are grown & that I do commute far, I would really recommend to people that are more closer towards retirement and/any else my age or older that work nearby, otherwise its just too inconvenient, I really tried living there, I actually go by there from time to time (moved once again) but the fact is, everything else you love (Costco, Target, Walmart, Trader Joes, Home Depot) took a little more time to drive to each time (Redlands/Beaumont & sometimes San Bernardino where Hospitality lane is). Yes if those places were built (or are built....who truly knows what the future holds???) it will take away the quaint, calm cozyness of the rural living that everyone there so loves there.... & I did love it, but ultimately my decison was my husbands unhappyness, so therefore we moved again...I'll come back when I retire I suppose.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,636 times
Default yucapia

Be careful where you live in Yucaipa. Some areas pretty, but crime is on rise, druggies hang out at gas stations. Frequent sirens and police choppers overhead. Also, often get the pleasure of enjoying the nice chemtrails they dump on us in evenings and off and on throughout year. Go to Redlands or Beaumont area.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:51 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea_ex_hiding_assets View Post
enjoying the nice chemtrails they dump on us
I'll bet you miss Art Bell.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:18 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea_ex_hiding_assets View Post
Be careful where you live in Yucaipa. Some areas pretty, but crime is on rise, druggies hang out at gas stations. Frequent sirens and police choppers overhead. Also, often get the pleasure of enjoying the nice chemtrails they dump on us in evenings and off and on throughout year. Go to Redlands or Beaumont area.
I didnt know about the chemtrails. Yucaipa has a new grocery store on county line rd & calimesa blvd called save-a-lot foods & & its not too shabby. Fruits, veggies & meats are better priced then staters & fresh n easy & most of the brands are private labels. Some prices & products are good & some arent. I walk around town sometimes (6 miles in the past 4 days) to save gas.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:04 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,133,254 times
Default Yucaipa is NOT a desert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthursChoice View Post
to live in Yucaipa?

Unless you just broke and you want to live 70 miles outside of Los Angeles with no desire to be where there are things to do. I used to work in Yucaipa, while living in Redlands. Worked for a place providing earthquake braces for trailers in those trailer parks. Yucaipa is NO WHERE NEAR the coast. You make sure you visit. Just save another two thousand dollars and start looking for roommates in LA somewhere. You will really regret moving to Yucaipa. Sounds good for a good ol Uncle type but not if you are younger.Its the desert.
I'll have you know that Yucaipa is certainly NOT a desert. Sure, you might come across some desert flora (i.e., cacti, aloe vera, etc.)/landscaping every once in a while, but overall, Yucaipa is NOT a desert whatsoever. Annually, it receives over 10 inches of rainfall. You want to see real desert? Come to Palm Springs, Indio, Blythe, Victorville, Yucca Valley, Lancaster, Palmdale, Borrego Springs, El Centro, Calexico... basically, anywhere that's a REAL desert!

Oh, look! Another thread revival!

Old 06-17-2017, 05:53 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,622,039 times
Enjoying the weather, Brandon?

Old 06-17-2017, 07:32 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,133,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Enjoying the weather, Brandon?
You bet I am! I read that on Tuesday it may reach up to almost 125°F!

Old 06-18-2017, 04:55 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,532,554 times
Brandon, you need to head over to Barstow & cool down...it's only going to get to 113F there on Tuesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties