Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 02:27 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,131,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Brandon, you need to head over to Barstow & cool down...it's only going to get to 113F there on Tuesday!
Um, I think I'll pass on Barstow... If I were ever going up to the HD to visit, I'd personally rather go to either Daggett, Yermo, Lenwood, Hinkley, or even Newberry Springs, to look around. To me, those smaller towns in the middle of the desert interest me a bit more than Barstow. However, I still plan to visit the Del Taco up in Barstow one day. I wonder what's so extraordinary about this specific eatery. Also, was the first-ever Del Taco founded in Barstow or Yermo? Having said all that, I still wouldn't want to risk my life getting attacked/provoked by any crack-heads/meth-heads/tweakers in any of those towns previously mentioned. By the way, how's the meth up in those towns?

Pro tip: Del Taco/Taco Bell = white people's Mexican food

Can't argue with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 05:18 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Graves View Post
Um, I think I'll pass on Barstow... If I were ever going up to the HD to visit, I'd personally rather go to either Daggett, Yermo, Lenwood, Hinkley, or even Newberry Springs, to look around. To me, those smaller towns in the middle of the desert interest me a bit more than Barstow. However, I still plan to visit the Del Taco up in Barstow one day. I wonder what's so extraordinary about this specific eatery. Also, was the first-ever Del Taco founded in Barstow or Yermo? Having said all that, I still wouldn't want to risk my life getting attacked/provoked by any crack-heads/meth-heads/tweakers in any of those towns previously mentioned. By the way, how's the meth up in those towns?

Can't argue with that.

Well, if you go, it HAS to be the original one, on First St., off Main St., near the train yard & the "river bottom". The food is better, fresher & larger portions...the burritos, especially the green chile ones, are legend. BTW, my Mexican friends & Mexican boyfriend also loved the ORIGINAL Del Taco that I'm referencing. Taco Bell is poo. My Pro tip: Keep your windows up while at the drive-thru waiting for your food.

Regarding meth...that has never been a part of my life, but it has certainly ruined/ended the lives of many of my childhood friends, especially those who stayed in the HD.

So, there are no tweakers/cookers in the Low Desert??

Old 06-18-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Well, if you go, it HAS to be the original one, on First St., off Main St., near the train yard & the "river bottom". The food is better, fresher & larger portions...the burritos, especially the green chile ones, are legend. BTW, my Mexican friends & Mexican boyfriend also loved the ORIGINAL Del Taco that I'm referencing. Taco Bell is poo. My Pro tip: Keep your windows up while at the drive-thru waiting for your food.

Regarding meth...that has never been a part of my life, but it has certainly ruined/ended the lives of many of my childhood friends, especially those who stayed in the HD.

So, there are no tweakers/cookers in the Low Desert??
Yes, of course there are definitely tweakers/cookers in the Low Desert, like anywhere else! I believe they're more abundant in the outlying rural towns of the LD, such as Thousand Palms, Thermal, Sky Valley, North Palm Springs, Mecca, Ripley, and so on and so forth. DHS has a bad reputation for bearing a sizeable tweaker/meth-head population, and known by CV locals as "The Meth Capital of the California Desert." So, uh... there's that, I guess.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:39 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:

Can't argue with that.
I've this friend who eats at TB frequently enough. He won't go near Del Taco. I once tried to explain how Del Taco's food is better and told him exactly what to order, but he'd have none of it. He then donned his doof goggles and said he likes TB because it's "Mexican inspired." Meaning what? Imitation? Pig snouts don't fall out of the food at Del Taco.

I think his rationalization was he felt TB's food was "safer." That's what I took away from it. But this dude has some oddly distorted perceptions as it is. It gets entertaining at times.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:39 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
Yo, Brandon, what was the temp in Indio yesterday? Are you still alive?

Old 06-20-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Yo, Brandon, what was the temp in Indio yesterday? Are you still alive?
Yep, still alive! It was around 119°F yesterday!

Old 06-20-2017, 12:57 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Should be 120F today. We're breaking records.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Should be 120F today. We're breaking records.
I sure hope so!

Old 06-20-2017, 01:29 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,765 times
Quote:
I'll have you know that Yucaipa is certainly NOT a desert. Sure, you might come across some desert flora (i.e., cacti, aloe vera, etc.)/landscaping every once in a while, but overall, Yucaipa is NOT a desert whatsoever. Annually, it receives over 10 inches of rainfall. You want to see real desert? Come to Palm Springs, Indio, Blythe, Victorville, Yucca Valley, Lancaster, Palmdale, Borrego Springs, El Centro, Calexico... basically, anywhere that's a REAL desert!

Oh, look! Another thread revival!
Lancaster and Palmdale are technically classified as a "steppe" climate, as distinguished from a true desert in a place such as Needles or Blythe.

The reason for the distinction is because the marine layer actually reaches the Palmdale area at many points throughout the year, and Palmdale's hillsides are covered in juniper, cottonwood and oak trees in many places.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Lancaster and Palmdale are technically classified as a "steppe" climate, as distinguished from a true desert in a place such as Needles or Blythe.

The reason for the distinction is because the marine layer actually reaches the Palmdale area at many points throughout the year, and Palmdale's hillsides are covered in juniper, cottonwood and oak trees in many places.
Really? I never knew about that!

Juniper, cottonwoods, and oak trees in the Antelope Valley, huh? Now that's something!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties