Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM

5 posts, read 23,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by booz30 View Post
NO ITS NOT THAT BAD YA RIGHT YOU WILL BE THE ONLY WHITE KID THERE TRUST ME I WAS THE WHITE KID AND PLEASE DONT GO TO THE MORENO VALLEY MALL TRY ONTARIO MILLS OR RANCHO CUCUMAGA MALL

I don't know when you were the "white kid" out here. But I've met plenty of white people, as well as african american, american indian, hispanic, and asian.
I am in fact a "white person" as you call it. Last time I checked this entire world is made up of a mixture of nationalities. And as for the Moreno Valley Mall... I find it very nice. Maybe it wasn't when you were here but it is now.

Maybe you should take a good look around before you judge?

Old 11-19-2007, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 11,367 times
We live south of Perris in Menifee and it's great....no gangs, good schools, good family neighborhoods......not much in the way of shopping but a new marketplace is being built and should be open by next year.....housing prices have really dropped so its a good time to buy......we have two teen sons that have really adjusted and love it here.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:33 PM

11 posts, read 48,507 times
I worked in Perris for a while at a new home community. The homes were beautiful but I personally would never move there! The homes there are priced great for a reason, you sacrifice good schools and safety. I also know someone who bought a new home in Perris a few years ago and she likes it there but is also concerned about her safety. She's in her sixties and lives alone so she worries. The drive to OC is also horrible, depending on when you go. My husband leaves our home (in Murrieta) at 2PM and makes it to work in Tustin by 3PM. I have to travel to LA and OC for work sometimes and I'm always stuck in traffic, I always allot myself an extra 1 1/2 hours each way for traffic when going to OC or LA. You might be able to find an affordable new home in Winchester area but I don't know much about it execpt it's near Murrieta.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
glad you got good answers on this one. i was goin tell you that i stop there for lunch frequently when i pass thru. when i get back to the office i tell the gals i had lunch in paris on the weekend to watchem turn green, ha ha. im sorry i just had the need to share.
i hope you had a great thanksgiving.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:46 PM

74 posts, read 289,451 times
Angry Oh Please, Perris is NOT that bad!

[quote=cmla2;2068246]I worked in Perris for a while at a new home community. The homes were beautiful but I personally would never move there! The homes there are priced great for a reason, you sacrifice good schools and safety. I also know someone who bought a new home in Perris a few years ago and she likes it there but is also concerned about her safety. [quote].

Please. You can't judge a town based on ONE PERSONS viewo of it. And what is all this crap about saftey? You do lock your doors at night if you live in Temecula, right? Well, so do we in Perris. Yes, Perris was founded by a black man, but who cares? At least we here are not "Too GOOD" to live in this city. Oh, and it's NOT THAT BAD. The schools are fine. You act like Perris is some horrible horrible horrible place to live and its not. I live in a great home and in a nice area and I have wonderful neighbors.

I guess you want to live in a perfect town by the name of Temecula and Murrieta. I'm so sick of the rich a$$ people and there "attitude" about Perris. Everytime I say that I'm from Perris, people say, "OH, Perris" like the city of Perris has AIDS or CANCER.

Oh, no not me, I would Never live in Perris! I'm too good for that city! It's just too poor! Please!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:48 PM

Respond to me-if you dare...read my other posts...Perris is NOT that BAD!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM

242 posts, read 827,096 times
Ok SANDBAR 3000, PLEASE DONT GET MAD AT ME...LOL BUT WE ARE ALL ENTILTED TO OUR OWN OPINION. I GREW UP IN PERRIS, AND WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL THERE. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND IT AT ALL. IT IS NOT ALL BAD, BUT THE DOWN TOWN AREA IS A LITTLE ROUGH. ITS JUST A SMALLER TOWN WITH LITTLE TO NO OPPORTUNITY FOR KIDS...ECT. WE HAD OUR HOUSE BROKEN INTO 3 TIMES GROWING UP, MY DADS TIRES WERE SLASHED AND EVEN HAD A CRACK HEAD KNOCK ON OUR DOOR AT 3AM WANTING TO USE OUR PHONE. MAYBE THINGS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER, BUT FROM WHAT I REMEMBER I WAS NOT HAPPY THERE!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:11 AM

Default What city is perfect with no crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbon7462 View Post
Ok SANDBAR 3000, PLEASE DONT GET MAD AT ME... I GREW UP IN PERRIS, AND WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL THERE. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND IT AT ALL. IT IS NOT ALL BAD, BUT THE DOWN TOWN AREA IS A LITTLE ROUGH. ITS JUST A SMALLER TOWN WITH LITTLE TO NO OPPORTUNITY FOR KIDS...ECT. WE HAD OUR HOUSE BROKEN INTO 3 TIMES GROWING UP, MY DADS TIRES WERE SLASHED AND EVEN HAD A CRACK HEAD KNOCK ON OUR DOOR AT 3AM WANTING TO USE OUR PHONE. MAYBE THINGS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER, BUT FROM WHAT I REMEMBER I WAS NOT HAPPY THERE!
Why wouldn't you recomend it? Have you been here lately? Sure down town is rough. What city isn't ROUGH in downtown??? Little town? Huh! I guess nearly 70 thousand people in the entire city (Good Hope, Mead Valley and Indian Hills included) is small?

I'm sorry that has happened to you and your family. But, does not EVERY CITY has a bad par to town? I don't live down town. I live on the east side of town. This house was built in 1991 and I'm so sick and tired of having to live with uneducated people that sterotype PERRIS as a BIG BAD TOWN. All of Perris is not bad...just like other towns...LA, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Miami, the list goes on and on and on and on and on...each and every city has its bad parts, and it's good parts. I don't live down town.

So, hopefully, who ever reading this post will know not to sterotype people when people say, "I live in Perris".

I'm so sick of this: Person A: "So, are you from the area?" Person B: "Yes, I live in Perris!" Person A: "OHHHHH" end of discussion like Person B is a lower class subhuman **** faced person that is not up there with the folks of Temecula and Person B acts like there **** don't even stink. Oh please! Everyone--come to Perris and see how it has grown.

So what that it's not the best place of schools. WHO is to teach the children and REAR them? Teachers or PARENTS? last time I checked, it is up to the PARENTS to rear their own children, not teachers. And if the people of Perris (or ex-residents) can't go drive to Tememcula or Riverside to "do stuff with the kids" then that is just too too bad. I feel sorry for those that can't live here because according to THEM, "there is nothing to do in Perris".....UM....THAT WHAT CARS AND BUSES ARE FOR....TO GET TO THOSE PLACES WHERE YOU CAN DO THINGS!

You actually expect ALL cities to have it ALL? Come on. This is not a utopia or heaven. This is Earth. Get real. Yes, every city has it's bad parts. And in bad parts of town, sometimes, bad people live there. Perris is probably also known for ex-cons (ETC) livng here. SO WHAT?
They have to live somewhere! Or do all people want ex-cons to just die?

Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 AM

I should have been a defense lawyer for criminals! Lord knows, they need a friend.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbon7462 View Post
Ok SANDBAR 3000, PLEASE DONT GET MAD AT ME...LOL BUT WE ARE ALL ENTILTED TO OUR OWN OPINION. I GREW UP IN PERRIS, AND WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL THERE. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND IT AT ALL. IT IS NOT ALL BAD, BUT THE DOWN TOWN AREA IS A LITTLE ROUGH. ITS JUST A SMALLER TOWN WITH LITTLE TO NO OPPORTUNITY FOR KIDS...ECT. WE HAD OUR HOUSE BROKEN INTO 3 TIMES GROWING UP, MY DADS TIRES WERE SLASHED AND EVEN HAD A CRACK HEAD KNOCK ON OUR DOOR AT 3AM WANTING TO USE OUR PHONE. MAYBE THINGS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER, BUT FROM WHAT I REMEMBER I WAS NOT HAPPY THERE!
That crack head that knocked on your door at 3:00 am was actually a would be home invasion, if you had opened your door for Her. At my home We had a girl claim she was being chased by some guys and to let her in. Also my neighbor got a knock a few months later from a girl claiming she needed help. Perris is nothing like it was when I moved here in 1990 in a new home and affordable. I will say this Some parents are not concerned about their children's future. A Child with no guidance are the one's who ruin the neighborhood. Until they are cared for, the problem gets bigger and out of control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties