U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 05:20 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,377,410 times

Advertisements

Holy Cow!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 04:01 PM

642 posts, read 2,457,434 times
Its a big ol city and all.the bads and goods that come with big ol cities apply. You know redlands has its problems too. I live close to west san bernardino and tyhink riverside is lovely but it just isnt my cup of tea. This is a good start but if you are that concerned goto.temecula and around there. Murrieta is supposed tobe great. Then commute in. If you did wamt to go towards redlands loma linda is the nicer safer area.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,713 times
Default Riverside is a nice place to live

Hello,
In reply to your question, Riverside is a great place to live. It is not extremely pricey, actually is affordable and safe. The nice things are having UCR campus here for college bound people. Also we have a nice historical community that brings a lor of character to our town.. There are many communities here that are desirable to buy in, such as Canyon Crest, Orange Crest, the wood streets, Lake Hills, and Woodcrest / Lake Matthews are which are more rural. You will not see uppity people here just down to earth people ☺. Poly and Arlington are good high schools. Riverside is not too far from the O.C. and the Metrolink is available here too .

Old 02-29-2016, 04:03 PM

68 posts, read 76,618 times
In case you haven't noticed, the original poster started this thread six years and three weeks ago and hasn't been heard from since.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:59 PM

21 posts, read 54,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman1974 View Post
In case you haven't noticed, the original poster started this thread six years and three weeks ago and hasn't been heard from since.
That doesn't mean other new comers can't learn from additional posts.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:15 AM

93 posts, read 240,651 times
I'm new to the Lake Hills area. What are the "cleaner" areas for cheap eats and grocery shopping if I want to stay away from the panhandlers and other transient types as much as possible? They are scary at times.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:30 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,087,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookooroo View Post
I'm new to the Lake Hills area. What are the "cleaner" areas for cheap eats and grocery shopping if I want to stay away from the panhandlers and other transient types as much as possible? They are scary at times.
There is PLENTY of eats and shopping. Not hard to find.

Corona on the north side of the 91 freeway off of McKinley (there's a Costco there). South Corona along the 15 (Magnolia, Ontario, Cajalco, Dos Lagos). La Sierra isn't bad away from the freeway. Areas around the Magnolia and the Tyler Mall and further east towards Riverside Plaza and Central. Avoid Home Gardens.

The transients are worst right along the freeways and downtown Riverside. Most are harmless, I've never had an issue. Otherwise it's not terrible.

Last edited by Vic Romano; 08-20-2019 at 12:39 PM..

Old 08-20-2019, 01:23 PM

10,703 posts, read 6,870,681 times
There are some sketchy areas of Riverside, but all and all it’s pretty safe. I went to UCR for a year and I never felt unsafe running around Riverside as a young single female.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:22 PM

3,539 posts, read 1,341,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
There are some sketchy areas of Riverside, but all and all it’s pretty safe. I went to UCR for a year and I never felt unsafe running around Riverside as a young single female.
Never had any crime issues during my 4 years at UC Riverside. Jumped 39 spots (to #85) on 2019 US News ranks...biggest gain of ANY college in the NATION and the fastest growing UC for a reason! Go Highlanders!

Old 08-21-2019, 04:08 AM

93 posts, read 240,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
There is PLENTY of eats and shopping. Not hard to find.

Corona on the north side of the 91 freeway off of McKinley (there's a Costco there). South Corona along the 15 (Magnolia, Ontario, Cajalco, Dos Lagos). La Sierra isn't bad away from the freeway. Areas around the Magnolia and the Tyler Mall and further east towards Riverside Plaza and Central. Avoid Home Gardens.

The transients are worst right along the freeways and downtown Riverside. Most are harmless, I've never had an issue. Otherwise it's not terrible.
What's wrong with Home Gardens? It's not far from the McKinley Costco you mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties