Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:58 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccojl333 View Post
Could any one give me information to which of the two (Murrieta /Beaumont) is a better place to live at in regards to:
Weather
Attractions
Overall good housing investment
Family friendly environment

Please be specific...
Though this depends on where one works, they both kind of suck location-wise.

Murrieta probably has better schools.

Beaumont probably has a better climate.

Attractions = push. You'll probably be driving to find any.

Murrieta is probably the better investment, and probably has the more typical "family-friendly environment".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 04:21 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,261 times
Depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. Weather is about the same but temecula has a nice breeze almost every night that other places might not have, but it can get cold there.
Murrieta should have better schools, but I am not sure on that.
Attractions- Temecula Wine country, Palomar observatory, and possibly soon Wild Rivers should be relocating out there. The best attraction that I found when living there was just driving the countryside. It is very beautiful in the spring time.
Location- commute to OC or LA is horrible. Only one way in and out of LA and Temecula Valley area.
On friendliness, Murrieta has friendly people, not sure about Beaumont.
The home prices were cut in half from the economic situation so you should find some good deals.
hopes this helps

Old 10-26-2010, 02:17 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,774,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalynn77 View Post
Ok, let's assume we check out Temecula and Murrieta and like the area, regardless of the fact that maybe it's not THE place for young couples. Which of the two towns is nicer? Also, any recommendations on specific neighborhoods or areas within the two towns would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone for your input!
We live in Murrieta. I think of Temecula and Murrieta as being one city. They adjoin each other and both have the same population ( 102,000 each ), same demographics, neighborhoods, etc. Temecula has more shopping and entertainment but you are only a few minutes away from it all regardless of which city you are in. My only problem with Temecula is the afternoon wind in Southern Temecula. Not a big problem for most but I don't like wind.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:36 PM

I can't believe how people try to compare Temecula with Murrieta. They are really one metro area. It takes longer for somebody living in South Temecula to get to the mall than it takes me to get there from where I live in Murrieta.

When we first moved here from San Diego 8 years ago, Murrieta was much smaller than Temecula but that is no longer true. Murrieta grew much faster in the last 8 years and they are now both the same size. Murrieta is newer so the landscaping is not as mature but it is very nice. But again it depends where you live. Murrieta/Temecula are not your typical bedroom communities. There are many people living here that choose to do so because they like it. We have lived all over and chose to retire here and are very happy that we did. There are many luxury million dollar mega homes here, especially in Murrieta. Housing is very reasonable now.

Both cities are very safe and clean. Murrieta is rated the second safest city in the US

Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 PM

12 posts, read 44,283 times
Hi Everyone, I've read all the Murrieta/Temecula blogs and have a question I haven't seen as far as choosing a place to live. We're relocating back to california after living on the east coast for 5 years. We've always lived in nice, affluent areas and squeek into them...usually living in very modest homes, with older cars to get kids in best schools. But this does have some drawbacks. We don't really fit in. We're middle class (electrician/xray tech with 2 year degrees) but really tired of trying to keep up with the Jones'. We vacation, but not to Aruba or Europe. We drink beer not champagne. Education for our kids is very important but them fitting in is as well. We don't buy our kids channel purses or $175 sneekers. Is there an area that isn't trashy but not upity either? I've researched both areas and have a few friends that live in the area and hear good things, but none have highschool age kids, so these issues haven't come up. Thanks for any input.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM

458 posts, read 1,262,833 times
I am sure there are certain areas of Temecula that are this way but I personally don't know of them. From what I hear the schools are good in Temecula but I can't really comment on how trendy they are as we dont have any in school. My wife and I don't have expensive cars and she doesn't have expensive purses, clothing etc. There are people who drive the nicest cars and have all the expensive things but it really doesn't bother us. I could care less what my neighbors drive, I only care that they are good neighbors. I would say you really shouldn't worry about having the nicest things if you can't afford them, or what your neighbors have. If there are people out there that don't want to be my friends because they drive a BMW and I have a Toyota then I don't think they are the kind of people I would want to associate with anyway. I just don't understand why people worry about what neighbors think or what cars they drive etc.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bon2mom3 View Post
Hi Everyone, I've read all the Murrieta/Temecula blogs and have a question I haven't seen as far as choosing a place to live. We're relocating back to california after living on the east coast for 5 years. We've always lived in nice, affluent areas and squeek into them...usually living in very modest homes, with older cars to get kids in best schools. But this does have some drawbacks. We don't really fit in. We're middle class (electrician/xray tech with 2 year degrees) but really tired of trying to keep up with the Jones'. We vacation, but not to Aruba or Europe. We drink beer not champagne. Education for our kids is very important but them fitting in is as well. We don't buy our kids channel purses or $175 sneekers. Is there an area that isn't trashy but not upity either? I've researched both areas and have a few friends that live in the area and hear good things, but none have highschool age kids, so these issues haven't come up. Thanks for any input.
Most areas in Murrieta would fit what you are looking for.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:58 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
The people in the Paloma Del Sol development in Temecula fit that working middle class type that you're describing bon2mom3, based on what I've seen. The problem is that there are a lot of foreclosures there dragging things down, but that will get you a nice price at least

Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Temecula or Murietta - I'm gonna have to go with neither at this point.

Appeal of controversial mosque denied | Local News | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

Old 01-26-2011, 01:43 PM

458 posts, read 1,262,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
So a mosque gets built in Temecula who cares. They are all over the USA already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties