Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 02:45 PM

18 posts, read 64,052 times

Advertisements

Anyone lived in Chino Hills, burbs, CA? and if so can you advise me on the area, is it relatively a nice, safer place to live?

Also would like to know about Long Beach? And Brea ? Yorba Linda? Westminster? Any constructive advise welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 04:50 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Chino Hills is nice, I have friends who live there. It gets very hot in the summer, no coastal breeze.
The other cities are nice as well, our vet is in Westminster. Only a few miles from Huntington Beach.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Chino Hills is nice, I have friends who live there. It gets very hot in the summer, no coastal breeze.
The other cities are nice as well, our vet is in Westminster. Only a few miles from Huntington Beach.

Thanks for the info I am trying to do as much research as possible and narrow down, will take a trip sometime soon and check out a few places. It always helps if you can get advise from people who know the are, thanks again for taking the time to reply!

Old 05-12-2010, 05:04 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,037 times
I`m not a fan of Westminister or Long Beach. I would stick with Chino Hills, Yorba Linda or Brea.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrell View Post
Anyone lived in Chino Hills, burbs, CA? and if so can you advise me on the area, is it relatively a nice, safer place to live?

Also would like to know about Long Beach? And Brea ? Yorba Linda? Westminster? Any constructive advise welcomed.
Brea is the nicest out of this bunch followed by Chino Hills. Wesiminster is a few miles away from the beach (Huntington Beach). If you like the beach, this is a good city. However, I heard that the Asian pop. has taken over the city so if thats something that would bug you...don't move there.

Long Beach is very hit or miss since its such a massive city. Belmont Shores is really nice but crazy expensive and the parking is god awful. Really cool vibe though. Out of that area, it all depends so you'd need to be more detailed.

I don't know too much about Yorba Linda other than it kinda feels like a mix of Brea and Chino Hills to me...more Chino Hills. Its off the 91 which is historic one of the worst freeways here. Chino Hills is centrally located to the 10, 71, 57, and 60.

I'm planning on moving to OC in a few years and Brea is pretty high up there. Its a very nice city with a suburban vibe yet has a great mall and a bunch of cool downtown areas. If you like the bar scene, downtown Fullerton is just a few miles away with a ton of bars though its filled with college students.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:03 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
i like long beach the best, but chino hills will be the most affordable. it really depends on what you're looking for. i did some growing up in yorba linda, which is also very nice, but probably the most expensive of all the cities you mentioned. good luck!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:50 PM

Thanks Dub D & BRinSM for the info!

I feel I'm really getting to know a lot about the places I’ve posted about.

We are very outgoing people, like our space but do like to let our hair down from time to time. We have a teenage daughter and would like to move somewhere where she would have lots to do, so Brea sounds like a good compromise being close to Fullerton, especially as she will be getting ready to become a student herself in the next yr and I believe they are both nice area's to live right?

From some of my earlier posts regarding a possible choice of Riverside as a place to move to I have been lead to believe that a commute to Yorba Linda (which according to map quest shows it to be just around a 33 min drive) on the 91 is quite treacherous regarding traffic flow, can anyone advise me if this is indeed correct?

Old 05-16-2010, 05:16 PM

93 posts, read 279,200 times
Yeah if you're looking at working in Yorba Linda I'd stick with that area - Yorba Linda, Brea, Fullerton. I live in Riverside and the 91 can be super bad....especially coming back in the afternoon through the canyon it's pretty much a parking lot and doesn't really clear up until around the 15 freeway in Corona. You don't want to choose a commute on the 91 unless you have to or are able to take a Metrolink Train (there is a station in Fullerton).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties