Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:11 AM

541 posts, read 1,340,434 times

Advertisements

I noticed many times a really bad smell,when driving the car evening and late evening close to margarita road,meadowview...Trying to find out,what this smell could be,i was driving around looking and chequieng the area.I noticed that every night (around 10,11,12 pm) Abbott releases gases in the air and they were the cause of such a bad smell in all area around.
I called Abbott trying to find out,more about the gases,they were very shocked (nobody cared about this before and nobody wanted an answer from them) and they rather not want to deal with the question,what exactly this is.What exactly produces ABBOTT?I understood heartcatheters...Who's responsability is in usa to cheque ,if these released gases are under the allowed values and so on?Why do they release them only night??..like trying to hide them...when not too many people notice..

I also talked with the people around..many children have allergies and asthma,use sprays...I also talked with the doctors about air pollution in Temecula,the doctor said,they noticed an increase number in allergies in children and grown ups in the last years.The traffic is bad in temecula and the air many times is horrible.I also have the feeling (compared to Northcalifornia)people hier have an exagerated numbers of cars per household,they would not have really need. I know,that there are many latinos hier around (according to the local newspapers almost 50 percent of the river side county is hispanic) and latinos generally love to show off and i can notice this in temecula...i noticed many hispanic households with 3,4 cars,that they really would not need.Too many cars contribute to worsen the air too.On the other side i have the feeling not only the show off factor,but hispanic famillies tend to have more children,so, sooner or later they will need more cars.I am shocked to see soo many cars in fornt of the houses (really no comparation to northcalifornia,i know usa has cars ,more cars then european countries,but it looks like southcalifornia,has way more cars then northcalifornia..i do not knwo the numbers,it is only my impression after moving hier seven month ago after north california)

Anyway this is a big con for Temecula for me.The air is much worse compared to Nothcalifornia,according to my opinion. I really wnat to know what abbott produces (i will ask in writting..they do not get rid of me,till i have a statement..) and what other factors could contribute in polluting the air in this town. If you are aware of other factors,please let me know. I do not know the organisations in usa,i make reserahc now,are there some environmental organisations,who have an eye on such companies like abbott? I did not like the reaction of them...if they had nothign to hide,they would have said,we produce this and this,gases occurs in this process and they are in legal limits...and so on..but they reacted not ok...

Last edited by Buburuza13; 05-13-2010 at 10:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 01:19 PM

458 posts, read 1,263,234 times
I am sure the Latino/Hispanic population will love your opinion/stereotype of them. BRILLIANT!!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 PM

it is not bad meant,it is a fact..latinos hier and also european latinos (italian,french,spain...and so on)love to show off..it is a known fact.show off is for example italian national sport,it is almost everything about show off....generally,i said,did not threw them all in one pot,but i noticed compared to other,latinos love show off...and with the kids,i think, i am right...these are the facts..hispanics have many kids,no need to hide that or not talk honest about it...they are 50 percent of the riverside county population..how do you think,they reached such a number???????by having babies..and many...smile

Old 05-13-2010, 06:11 PM

73 posts, read 306,020 times
If I could make one suggestion... when you write that letter to Abbot, you should get someone else to edit for you before you send it. If you are already unhappy with the Hispanic % population around here, you'd be very miserable in any other part of the IE, OC or LA. Temecula/Murrieta has some of the lowest concentration of Hispanics I've seen, other than the beach cities.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:09 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
it is not bad meant,it is a fact..
Actually it's not a fact, it's an opinion. And since you've only been here for a short time, perhaps with more time your opinion will soften?

I don't know anything about the company you're concerned about, but "my opinion" is that if you want your neighbors to help you with this, it might be smart to play nice and not insult half the population. I'm not Hispanic, but I still found your words offensive, and I kind of doubt that's the reaction you were hoping for...

Old 05-14-2010, 07:11 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
Part of that Temecula charm you pay less for.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM

jtsigma..no worry about my spelling,the letter will be written properly at the right place..in the forum i do not need any letter corected,my opinion and i respect it..

second i have nothing against latinos,in the opposite,I am german but i also have european latino origin (a grandmother),so you do not need to explain me latinos...i have it in my blood,you do not...and if you noticed other answers of mine,i defended mexicans and latinos,because of this...even if there is a huge difference between european latinos and the latino population hier..but this is other subject..

from a latina they do not take it personally,they do not feel hurt,in the opossite...it looks different with an american,who has no latino blood...and i notice hier in california there is not so much love between americans and hispanic,latinos...in the opposite they are very separated,my opinion and once again i respect it..
i have no problem to tell everything to their face,about kids 9even if too many),cars,finaces,everything,because coming from me (one of them) they have no problem with..in the opossite they listen to somebody,who has better education,better situation and so on...

so no worry about my hispanic neighborhs...guess what,like in north california..they love me...not my american husband...he remains AN AMERICAN!!!!they consider me one of them,while my american husband and any american never be..sorry but it is my opinion!!

it is a fact and not an opinion,latinos love to show off..i consider it a fact..and many europeans consider latinos, people,who like to show off and that is the truth for the big majority..have you ever been to italy?almost everybody show off...child with the new toys,grandma with new kitchen,father with new car..and they are proude of it..so it is not bad meant..how many latino country have you visited???how many latino friends do you have?

Last edited by Buburuza13; 05-14-2010 at 08:36 PM..

Old 05-14-2010, 11:50 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
how many latino country have you visited???how many latino friends do you have?
Since you ask, I've visited every country you mentioned above, and I've had Latino friends my entire life, including a couple of serious boyfriends. And my recommendation stands, if you want your neighbors to help you with this issue, you might want to try honey rather than vinegar. Insulting people is generally not conducive to building a consensus.

Good luck!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:41 AM

i am happy for you,you visited so many countries..not many americans have this chance..especially in such an economy..you belong to the lucky ones...

but you did not get it..i do not insult them..you see it as an insult,they do not,because is coming from one of their side...they are not sensitive with latinos,they are sensitive with americans,my opinion and i respect it..

...i have been watching both sides for 2 years,interacted a lot with latinos from all circles...i am writting a book for europeans about my new start in usa,describe situations,i was in,people i met,their opinion,my opinion and so on... (jt sigma..no worry about spelling,is in my language)...

i will be always myself,i do not need to sugarcoat hollywoodstyle,like many americans do..i can afford to say,what i think,straight to somebody's face..i talk my mind,no matter what..if you like it good,if not,not..if you agree good,if you do not,is good too...i do not have to be nice,to be honey,to say things,i do not feel like..i appreciate honesty and not arselicking...i do not have to be honey,nice in order to make friends,i can be myself,tell honest,what i think and you woudl be surprised ,how many people appreciate this hier in usa,even if they are first speechless and shocked..

a simple example of arselickining among a group of american women..do you like my new dress?all american women say: nice,bla ,bla (although they did not really like it)...me: "no,i do not like it.It does not cover your problem zones,it exposes them."all american women looking shocked at me..but i say:
"you are overweight (a fact!!!) and not all dresses put you in a good light. In your place i would eat less,watch what i am eating,finish with junk food,get informed about healthy meals and products,start exercising and not sit lazy on the couch all day looking at tv ( a fact too i knew about)..."
So that is me...all women shocked...but guess what was the answer to my being straight:"i appreciate your honesty!"..and yes,i helped her lose weight,eat better and healthier and find the right clothes..i should have been honey like the rest,oh,how good you look!!..oh well,this is not me...
in no situation...
i know,it is tough,people are shocked from so much being direct and talk my mind,but that is me..and will never change!I can afford to say,what i think...and in every situation..

like being in the club in our private rich neigborhood in northcalifornia,napa valley..wife put some questions and i told wife to her face,his husband was there (while she was away) with girlfriend swimming in pool and enjoy the club..americans neighborhs around us were shocked,speechless,when they heart,what i say...the community knew eachother,they knew,what was going on,they tolerated it,they covered..i will not lie the wife or cover such a low life husband.it is against my values.My grandparenst left me great values (i consider),traditions and not only,also a considerable heritage,that gave me always the freedom to be my own boss and can afford to say ,what i feel like,in any situation. No honey,if no need for it!

Old 05-15-2010, 08:53 AM

458 posts, read 1,263,234 times
Its not sugar coating, its called respect to cultural differences. You have none and you continue to prove it on this board everytime you say something. Being honest about a dress to someone who is overweight and telling a person of Hispanic descent that they all like to show off and have lots of kids and have lots of cars etc is not the same. People can't change their heritage, someone can change how overweight they are.
I know plenty of people who are Hispanic/Latino and if you would say that to them they would not like the stereotype even though you believe its OK coming out of your mouth because you have .01% Hispanic in you. Trust me on this. Making blanket statements about 1 race is called racism in our country. Then again you are from Germany where they decided to try and get rid of all of the Jews.

You have a lot to learn if you are going to stay in this country. Try for one not being racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties