Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalysd View Post
In and out burger animal style, get the fries animal style too. Fish tacos, they probably won't want to try them but they are so good. Some good mexican food, im not sure whats near you but there must be something.
Along the burger line, there is now a new Tommy's in Moreno Valley. The chili makes them unique.

As for In-n-Out, look online for their "secret menu." My new favorite is a 2x4 (two patties, four slices of cheese).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 06:05 AM

3 posts, read 4,986 times
Default Pizza

We're from NY and this is the best we've had close to us in Upland.
San Biagio’s Pizza

Old 06-11-2010, 06:59 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_feeder View Post
Best pizza I have EVER had is at the Lampost Pizza on Main St. in Corona. If you like meats then try the Combination or the Linebacker! The crusts are thick- not Chicago style thick- but definitely not the cracker thin style New Yorkers prefer.

I moved from the area a year ago, and besides decent Mexican food, the single item I crave is a Lampost pizza.

Ask them for the "coupon price" (even if you don't have one) and you get a second pizza for $4.

The attached brewery makes a very good IPA beer, too.
Good recommendation. That Lamppost Pizza has been there as long as I can remember.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:35 PM

8 posts, read 13,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Train View Post
Hi, I am looking for a suggestion about good pizza. Preferably from someone who has moved from Chicago to the Corona area and knows what I mean....
Sorry I have no suggestions (actually, I'd like some tips on where to find great Chicago-style pizza in the Inland area myself!) but ...

There was a great program on The Food Channel about a week ago comparing NY pizza to Chicago pizza -- I grew up in NYC and, not surprisingly, enjoyed it very much even though watching made my mouth water for its entire 60 minute duration. :-)

I have a question: of course, when people think "Chicago pizza" they conjure up an image of the deep-dish variety the Windy City's famous for.

However, I recently heard someone say that, even though deep-dish is considered the main pizza in Chicago it's not really true, and that deep dish is *not* as common in Chicago as many outsiders believe.

So here's my question: in the ordinary, non-touristy neighborhoods of Chicago, when people go to a pizza place and order "a slice" are they more likely to be served deep-dish or NY-style thin crust?

Old 06-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpa View Post
We're from NY and this is the best we've had close to us in Upland.
San Biagio’s Pizza
Well I'm from the Bronx and all I can say is "grazie!" for that tip -- I checked out the website and see that San Biagio's Pizza actually sells something I've been craving for awhile: real Italian ices! Mmmmmm ....

Old 06-19-2010, 02:33 PM

57 posts, read 98,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff201865 View Post
Sorry I have no suggestions (actually, I'd like some tips on where to find great Chicago-style pizza in the Inland area myself!) but ...

There was a great program on The Food Channel about a week ago comparing NY pizza to Chicago pizza -- I grew up in NYC and, not surprisingly, enjoyed it very much even though watching made my mouth water for its entire 60 minute duration. :-)

I have a question: of course, when people think "Chicago pizza" they conjure up an image of the deep-dish variety the Windy City's famous for.

However, I recently heard someone say that, even though deep-dish is considered the main pizza in Chicago it's not really true, and that deep dish is *not* as common in Chicago as many outsiders believe.

So here's my question: in the ordinary, non-touristy neighborhoods of Chicago, when people go to a pizza place and order "a slice" are they more likely to be served deep-dish or NY-style thin crust?

I would say definitely thin crust.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:23 PM

216 posts, read 698,347 times
Default big bear

i know its a drive, but a great summer day trip....maggios in big bear lake...the best primavera pizza....arghhhhh...enjoy

Old 06-19-2010, 11:25 PM

216 posts, read 698,347 times
oh, then of course...if you want 'the best' pizza in the nation...(voted by rachel rays crew)...phoenix. azriona .......pizzeria bianco

Old 06-20-2010, 06:54 PM

47 posts, read 152,598 times
pizza?

my choice is leonarsi's pizza in winco food

Old 06-20-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiemack View Post
oh, then of course...if you want 'the best' pizza in the nation...(voted by rachel rays crew)...phoenix. azriona .......pizzeria bianco
Funny you should mention that, as a couple of days ago I discovered the name of an Italian place in Glendale, Arizona (not far from Phoenix) I'd written down after seeing it featured on a Food Channel show. The place is called "Piazza al Forno" and it looks like a must-visit when in the area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties