Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 PM

176 posts, read 634,968 times

Advertisements

Heard the small bit coming and then it was like getting pushed from the side. The pool was rocking back and forth. Good times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 06:42 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
I am so tired of people talking about the big quake in San francisco.

you have to understand this is the first time in a very long time we've had this many earthquakes, this strong HERE. I am 19 and have lived here my whole life and never remember this many.

I am just tired of people bringing that earthquake up. yes your strong and brave for feeling a much bigger earthquake. we know. Don't need to tell us all the time.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I was inside the Sports Arena at an orientation, and we felt it good.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:46 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post

you have to understand this is the first time in a very long time we've had this many earthquakes, this strong HERE. I am 19 and have lived here my whole life and never remember this many.

I am just tired of people bringing that earthquake up. yes your strong and brave for feeling a much bigger earthquake. we know. Don't need to tell us all the time.
Wow, you're sensitive about that aren't you? LOL

But, you are right, you just don't feel quakes in SD this regularly and this frequently.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,853,558 times
Felt this one up in South Orange County. I haven't felt a long quake like that since Northridge.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:23 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post

I've felt more in the past 3 months than I have in 35 years here. The one today freaked me out more than the Easter one, (none of the others have fazed me) but I think it's because I was at work, and on the second floor.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I've felt more in the past 3 months than I have in 35 years here. The one today freaked me out more than the Easter one, (none of the others have fazed me) but I think it's because I was at work, and on the second floor.
This one did jolt a lot more than others. It was an attention getter for sure.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:44 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
This one did jolt a lot more than others. It was an attention getter for sure.
Yeah, there's that, for sure, and I think subconsciously I just feel safer at home. I *know* my cottage ain't gonna fall down, and I know where my candles and batteries etc. are. I work far enough away that I have this fear of getting stuck and not being able to get home if something really big happens.

Plus I have a couple of elderly neighbors that I kind of watch over, I called both of them after the quake, but I'd feel better if I was able to get to them if anything happened.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
It's weird because everyday I think "will there be another quake today?" then a week or two goes by and there's nothing so eventually I forget all about it, then BAM!

Old 07-07-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Yeah, there's that, for sure, and I think subconsciously I just feel safer at home. I *know* my cottage ain't gonna fall down, and I know where my candles and batteries etc. are. I work far enough away that I have this fear of getting stuck and not being able to get home if something really big happens.

Plus I have a couple of elderly neighbors that I kind of watch over, I called both of them after the quake, but I'd feel better if I was able to get to them if anything happened.
You know, that's the mentality you develop when quakes are frequent. You don't worry about the quakes or whether you will be killed or injured; you are more concerned with being stuck somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego