Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:12 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,135,253 times

Advertisements

Rubio's!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,509,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
on that note:
Jamacha is pronounced "Ham-a-shaw"
Yep - that one killed me. I'd listen to the traffice reports on the radio and couldn't figure it where that was in relation to 125. Then one day . . . the lights went on!

Old 08-06-2010, 03:09 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,712,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
LOL well John Coleman is pretty annoying in my opinion. I remember him yelling "It's Friday!!" and confetti would fall down. That was when I was like 6! and I still remember it!
lol I remember that and thought he was kinda annoying too

Old 08-06-2010, 03:11 PM

way back....anyone remember the "I Love You San Diego" tshirts? I think you had to buy them at Safeway or Alpha Beta, or at least that's where I got mine...can't remember what the deal was with them, radio station thing maybe, but I had to have one, they came in all colors but I remember I had brown

Old 08-06-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
There are four distinct seasons: Nice, Nice, Nice, and A Little Chilly.

Your house is worth more than the GDP of some small countries.

You know what MB, OB, and PB stand for.

You know someone who doesn't own pants, and have a neighbor who doesn't seem to own a shirt.

You know what Santa Ana's are, and that they have literally nothing to do with the city of Santa Ana.

You know what a California burrito is.

You never, under any circumstances call it anything other than "the Gaslamp."

You never, under any circumstances call it anything other than "L.A."

Julian Pies.

You're shocked when you find out people have never been to the beach, and even more shocked to find out some have never seen the Ocean.

In elementary school you were forced to do countless "duck and cover" earthquake drills.

Your childhood dream was to become a dolphin trainer at Sea World.

You love driving on the 52, just for those crazy bumps that they always try (and fail) to smooth over.

You know someone who knows someone who knows Reggie Bush.

You remember where you were the day of the Santana High School Shootings.

When you were a kid you thought the Mormon Church was a castle, or Disneyland.

You know what this sign means:
http://www.trafficsignstore.com/W54.jpg

You still call it Christmas on the Prado

"Nobody beats, El Cajon Ford!"

You've never had a snow day, but you've had a week off for fires.

Every time there's a major snow storm in the Midwest or the Northeast, the next day's newspaper has a picture of children playing on the beach on the front page.

You remember going to the WB store at UTC as a kid and playing in that tunnel thing they had.

Everytime you watch the weather you expect to hear "and here's the KUUUUUUUUUUUUUSI forecast" and/or "no flipping!" because of John Coleman.

You know the worst traffic in the world is Saturday morning-afternoon going south on the 5 and Sunday afternoon-evening going north on the 5.

You remember when 619 was the only area code in San Diego. And you get a little excited when you see Reggie Bush put 619 on his eye black.

You can surf and snowboard in the same day, but you've never felt like actually doing it.

You know the difference between UCSD and SDSU.

You know all the places where "Bring it On" and "Top Gun" were filmed.

Pretty much every area has a high school with "Rancho" in the name.

You've heard the phrase "Spring comes in Summer, Summer comes in Fall, Fall comes in Winter, and Winter not at all."

You've talked about going to Vegas when you turn 21 for like 5 years.

You've had Carne Asada Fries.

You've watched the Prep Pigskin Report, and most likely know someone on it.

You remember Premium 92/1, Q106.5, Star 100.7, and my 94.1.

You know that Cal Worthington will never die.

You went on a field trip to Cabrillo National Monument on Point Loma.

You know what "The Turko Files" are, and are still a little afraid of his mustache.

Great list...I totally remember where I was during the Santana shootings...I had just dropped my daughter off at school, 1st grade at Prospect in Santee...ran across the street to Vons (when it was in its original location) to buy a few things and get some lunch money for my daughter when I heard tons of sirens while I was there and wondering what was going on....went back to Prospect to leave my daughter her lunch money and the ladies in the office were all gathered around the tv crying, I asked what happened and that's when I found out.....such a tragedy...needless to say the school was on lockdown so I couldn't even go to my daughter's class. Later we went and left some things at the memorial and I remember going and giving blood one morning at West Hills...I had my toddler with me and those high school kids at West Hills were just amazing with him, keeping him occupied while I gave blood.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:37 PM

Family Fun Center on Fletcher Parkway (wasn't that what it was called, miniature golf)
Breakfast at Sambos (loved their French Toast!)
Since I'm remember East County:
Cruising down 2nd street!
The Yogurt Mill, yum! I would like a chocolate with carob chips!

Old 08-07-2010, 04:58 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,777,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Who? Garvey?
Kurt Bevacqua. He hit a 3 run blast in the 5th that ended up being the GWRBI in the Pad's one and only WS game victory in franchise history.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Kurt Bevacqua. He hit a 3 run blast in the 5th that ended up being the GWRBI in the Pad's one and only WS game victory in franchise history.
was that in the late 90's? because I remember back in 2nd grade channel 8 news came to my school because we had Padres Day lol

Old 08-07-2010, 10:31 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,777,101 times
It was the Pad's first trip to the World Series, back in 1984. Detroit in 4.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 PM

oh I was way off lol. maybe they made it to the playoffs that year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego