Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:33 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Oh, I was so pissed of over this. I have two English Bulldogs. We were going to a restaurant on our way back home from LA with them. They allow dogs, but you have to sit next to the barricade and the dogs sit outside of it. That's fine, I understand health rules. We wait almost an hour for one of those tables to become available. We get in there, and in the middle of the room, sits a woman with a Yorkie on her lap and it's licking the food of her plate! I lost it. So my dogs are a health code violation but because hers fits in a purse it's not? Rules are rules, right? I negatively reviewed that guy in several places and he's emailed me several times to try to get me to remove those reviews. Not gonna happen. I hope he got a visit from the health department.

I don't expect my dogs to be allowed in supermarkets, inside actual restaurants, etc., and don't bring them. I bring them to pet stores, Ace Hardware (they encourage you to do so here) and Home Depot. I love 'em to death, but they are dogs and really don't belong in a food store.
+1 for everything you said here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 03:32 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,540,413 times
Quote:
We get in there, and in the middle of the room, sits a woman with a Yorkie on her lap and it's licking the food of her plate! I lost it. So my dogs are a health code violation but because hers fits in a purse it's not? Rules are rules, right? I negatively reviewed that guy in several places and he's emailed me several times to try to get me to remove those reviews. Not gonna happen. I hope he got a visit from the health department.
I'm hoping you talked to the management before you complained on-line. Although I absolutely agree that it was wrong to allow the little dog to sit on her lap and lick off her plate, I hope you gave management the opportunity to correct the problem before you left. The management shouldn't be punished for the client's or hostess poor judgement withou a chance to fix it.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:37 PM

418 posts, read 1,312,452 times
Ruff, Ruff, Ruff,

Gracie

Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I'm hoping you talked to the management before you complained on-line. Although I absolutely agree that it was wrong to allow the little dog to sit on her lap and lick off her plate, I hope you gave management the opportunity to correct the problem before you left. The management shouldn't be punished for the client's or hostess poor judgement withou a chance to fix it.
The manager was the one who seated people and the one who told us we must wait for a table near the gate. He was well aware of her presence. The manager simply smiled and said something to the effect of it being a small dog and other dining patrons don't mind. In addition to eating off her plate, the dog walked all over the patio, off-leash, disturbing other patrons as they ate. No one, including the manager, said a word to her, well besides me that is. This was Newport Beach at a quite nice place. The woman dining looked as if she was very good friends with the manager, which I assume had a lot to do with it. Hope the health inspection went well after that!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:31 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
The manager was the one who seated people and the one who told us we must wait for a table near the gate. He was well aware of her presence. The manager simply smiled and said something to the effect of it being a small dog and other dining patrons don't mind. In addition to eating off her plate, the dog walked all over the patio, off-leash, disturbing other patrons as they ate. No one, including the manager, said a word to her, well besides me that is. This was Newport Beach at a quite nice place. The woman dining looked as if she was very good friends with the manager, which I assume had a lot to do with it. Hope the health inspection went well after that!
As far as I'm concerned, you did the right thing. I don't blame you one bit.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:57 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Why do people bring their dogs into stores?

Cause when I bring my goat, he tries to eat the cans.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:11 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenvictoria View Post
How can you say the "Most black people are afraid of dogs"?
Sure doesn't seem like it in all the dogfighting videos I've seen on youtube.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:21 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,069 times
At the albertson's in North park, there are not only dogs, but this guy with a pooping parrot. Bird poop is where salmonella comes from. Needless to say I don't get anything but paper products from that store.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:42 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
At the albertson's in North park, there are not only dogs, but this guy with a pooping parrot. Bird poop is where salmonella comes from. Needless to say I don't get anything but paper products from that store.
I didn't know that there was an Albertson's in North Park. That must be the small one that's in University Heights on University Avenue. I rarely shop at the grocery stores unless they have something that I want on sale. Once in a while, I'll see someone with a little dog in a shopping cart, but that's about it.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:55 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Default Why do people bring their dogs into stores?

Because they don't have any other friends!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego