Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:19 PM

3 posts, read 40,623 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I did a quick search and didn't find this topic discussed yet (Please point me in the right direction if I'm wrong). Which company has the best cellphone coverage in San Diego? To be more specific, I'm wondering about the areas west of I-805, including Point Loma and the beaches, south of La Jolla/Hwy 52, and north of Petco Park.

For most parts of the country, I've found Verizon to be very reliable. Cingular is probably on par according to most of my friends. It's Sprint and T-Mobile I'm not too sure about. What do you guys think?

By the way, I know there's always a lot of debate on who's good/bad, but please don't turn this thread into a complaint list. Just a simple vote for the company you like would do.

Thanks a lot everyone,
-Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 AM

24 posts, read 155,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deprotinator View Post
Hello Everyone,

I did a quick search and didn't find this topic discussed yet (Please point me in the right direction if I'm wrong). Which company has the best cellphone coverage in San Diego? To be more specific, I'm wondering about the areas west of I-805, including Point Loma and the beaches, south of La Jolla/Hwy 52, and north of Petco Park.

For most parts of the country, I've found Verizon to be very reliable. Cingular is probably on par according to most of my friends. It's Sprint and T-Mobile I'm not too sure about. What do you guys think?

By the way, I know there's always a lot of debate on who's good/bad, but please don't turn this thread into a complaint list. Just a simple vote for the company you like would do.

Thanks a lot everyone,
-Mike

I have Verizon and live in Point loma, have never had a problem, except if i go to Julian or Borrego Springs

Old 05-15-2007, 11:35 PM

3 posts, read 40,623 times
Thanks for the reply, Pointer. I'm a little surprised this topic is so unpopular. I figured this might be important to both current and potential San Diegans. Oh well, hopefully, more people will respond given more time.

thanks,
-mike

Old 05-16-2007, 01:29 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,127,271 times
I have Cingular/AT&T (whatever it's called these days) and have had no problems.

My coverage gets spotty entering El Centro (pretty far east). Have never had problems in LaJolla or downtown. I don't go to Pt. Loma very often but can't recall ever having a problem.

The only time it can get spotty is if I happen to be driving into a valley area with high hills on one side or the other.

Most of my SD friends either have Cingular or Verizon.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:41 AM

107 posts, read 1,007,965 times
We've only been here a few days but Cingular has been working great

Old 05-16-2007, 05:00 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,856,157 times
We have T-Mobile, it's not the best. We lose the signal as soon as we pull into the parking lot of our apartment complex, and get like 1 bar in our apartment. It drops out at a couple places near our house for seemingly no reason. It's not the worst, but I suspect there are better.

V. =)

Old 05-17-2007, 11:17 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,578,053 times
AT&T /ingular pretty much fails ever year on the San Diego reviews
bad grades for everything!!!
How do I know?I have AT&T/Cingular

Old 05-20-2007, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 18,130 times
I have tried all of them.. Verizon is as dependable as they come.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:37 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
I have Verizon and have traveled all over the US and Mexico with it and have not had a dropped call yet. Used to have Cingular and that sucked!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,127,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I have Verizon and have traveled all over the US and Mexico with it and have not had a dropped call yet. Used to have Cingular and that sucked!!!
This is so weird! When I was last in Mexico my Cingular coverage worked fine but my boss & his wife, on Verizon, had horrible coverage. (we are all on plans for international calls)

I wonder if phone brand sometimes has something to do with it. A colleague of mine also has Cingular but he uses either Motorola or Samsung phones. We've been in the middle of Nowhere, USA and my Nokia Cingular has had signal and his Cingular Motorola has had nothing at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego