Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 07:40 PM

6 posts, read 20,048 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I'm a single 30 year old software engineer working in Poway. I currently live in La Jolla, right by Windansea and Pearl St. I'm looking to leave La Jolla because I feel like there are not a whole lot of people my age here. It seems to be either families or retirees.

I used to live in PB and I really liked it, but that was a couple of years ago. I didn't like the long commute (believe it or not living in La Jolla cuts down my commute by 10 minutes one way), and I wasn't fitting in with the late night party crowd anymore. But I really liked going to all the fun bars, riding my bike everywhere, and going to the beach.

I just apartment hunted the North Park / University Heights area. I'm not sure I would really fit in... I really like being by the beach. So I think that is out for me.

Ideally I would live in Encinitas, Oceanside, or maybe even PB again. But I feel like all three have really bad commutes from my job.

I wish I could hop on the 56 West, go 5 North, and be home in like half hour. But the 5 North right above the 56 intersection is always crazy packed until about 7pm! PB was brutal both in the morning and at night, trying to get onto and off the 5 is a nightmare.

Carmel Valley is great, location-wise, because I could chill at home until traffic dies down and then go wherever I want up and down the coast. But I'm not at all a yuppie (which is another reason why I want to get out of La Jolla so bad) !

Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated, thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 08:47 PM

422 posts, read 789,395 times
Why not live in Poway? I know it will be expensive, and that you wouldnt have a need for the good school system, but I'd rather live as close to work as possible to minimize the commute.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:08 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,404,304 times
Poway/RB would be a lonely spot to be single.

Carmel Mountain is close and has alot more younger/single people. It's also right off the 56, so you are mins from the coast.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:15 PM

422 posts, read 789,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Poway/RB would be a lonely spot to be single.

Carmel Mountain is close and has alot more younger/single people. It's also right off the 56, so you are mins from the coast.
True, there are some nice apartments in CMR. I looked at the Jefferson apartments at the top of the hill, an they were very nice.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:45 AM

15,115 posts, read 32,182,700 times
I live in North Park, and have a neighbor that works in Poway. He said it takes him about 20-30 minutes to get to work, and he works 8:30-5:00 (his choice).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego