Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:46 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,852,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
And actually Santa Ana conditions are pretty much the only time when it's likely to be warmer at the coast than out East.
I can attest to this. The longer the winds are compressed and shot from the desert over the mountains to the coast, the hotter they are. It's not unusual to see it 90 degress at the beach in a Santa Ana. On a good note, the offshore winds are great for the surf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 11:24 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,989,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usan8v View Post
I had a patient tell me since he moved here (on the coast in carlsbad) in 2002 the weather has declined every year since then. He claims it's because of the global warming, ice caps melting in the ocean, making the ocean cooler and resulting in the thick marine layer they we all experience (at least here in Carlsbad)...
LOL! He's only been through 1.5-2 El Nino Cycles then...He'll learn. Blaming Global Warming for the abnormally cool year is like blaming Obama (or Bush) for the recession.

Like everything else, the weather goes in cycles. Yes, this year it has been very cool in the summer. But, it's always overcast and cool on the coast in the morning/evening. That's what living close to a large body of water does. But, then again, it's going to be 100+ in some areas in the next few days, so people will complain about how HOT it is!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:55 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usan8v View Post
Coming from PA, San Diego is far better hands down...that being said, the weather is not great when living a block from the ocean. I have lived here for the past 14 months and it's not what I expected at all. However, when I drive 3-5 min inland the weather is perfect. I had a patient tell me since he moved here (on the coast in carlsbad) in 2002 the weather has declined every year since then. He claims it's because of the global warming, ice caps melting in the ocean, making the ocean cooler and resulting in the thick marine layer they we all experience (at least here in Carlsbad). I guess you live and learn...

LA is the same way, well, Santa Monica, Venice and etc., but I'd hardly call it overrated. That's gross exaggeration.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times
Though this year the weather was warmer than usual-upper 80s or low 90s with relatively high humidity for California throughout summer and fall, no May Gray or June Gloom (maybe a few days, but that's it) and 70s in the spring (as opposed to 60s)! Great! Warmer ocean than usual, too. Also, the fall of 2010 was very hot in SoCal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego