Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 04:07 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,737,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I just noticed you live in Kensington, I'm jealous. I used to live in Normal Heights. I miss that area of town
Yup, going on 11 years here and it keeps getting better and better with time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,024,985 times
Default i left....

and have regretted it the past three years.

I left to pursue a bigger paycheck on the east coast. While i may have succeeded in that sense, I probably made the biggest mistake in my life.

Luckily i kept my house in north park; now i live in purgatory waiting for a position to open back home.

the extra money i make goes to vacations and weekend trips to sd.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
and have regretted it the past three years.

I left to pursue a bigger paycheck on the east coast. While i may have succeeded in that sense, I probably made the biggest mistake in my life.

Luckily i kept my house in north park; now i live in purgatory waiting for a position to open back home.

the extra money i make goes to vacations and weekend trips to sd.
I have 3 friends who left for various reasons and are in the same boat as you are. Their dreams are to get back here as soon as the job market improves. DC, Dallas and Portland just aren't cutting it for them.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:48 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Yup, going on 11 years here and it keeps getting better and better with time.
Ha! what a coincidence! I have been in Kensington for 11 years as well, and can't think of a nicer S.D. neighborhood!
Unlike you, however, I am ready to move to the rainy, grey, Pacific Northwest. I will definitely miss Kensington, but I'm looking forward to all that Puget Sound has to offer...

Old 11-10-2010, 01:35 PM

^^Well, howdy neighbor! I enjoy visiting Seattle, but have no desire to live there. For some reason, the vibe of that place just isn't a match for me. The People and weather have alot to do with it. Now, Vancouver is a place I could live. Good luck on your anticipated move!

Old 11-10-2010, 01:44 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
I feel you sdurbanite. I have been to Seattle once and it just felt depressing, lonely, and sad to me, you know? I'll keep the surf, hot girls, mountains, desert, and fun in the sun! I Love SD.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:22 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
It's not like 20 years ago but it will have to get a lot worse before I move. I go back East with the wife (she's from NY) and NO WAY I would live there. Nope.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,547 times
I grew up in San Diego and left after high school to move to LA. Then from LA, I found myself in SF Bay Area. I just want to go back home to San Diego. LA is a nightmare to deal with, esspecially when you grew up in a city where you don't have to sit in 20 minutes worth of traffic just to get 5 minutes down the street. I love the hustle and bustle of LA and its sheer massiveness but that was over 10 years ago and I am ready to go home. SF bay is a nice place with a great tech ecomony but way to expensive. I mean, at least in San Diego I could live in North Park in a respectable apartment for what Id have to pay in the Bay for far less in a questionable neighborhood in somewhere like EPA or Hayward, or even Richmond. If you were born and raised in SD, you are likely to branch out and explore but will want to go back home.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 PM

13 posts, read 40,939 times
Smile Congrats on moving to paradise :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eingrossesnein View Post
my husband just got a job offer today in SD, and I am so excited to be moving there!! i've never visited, but the pictures look amazing. i will miss boston, but i am glad it will be my last cold winter for a while.
Hooray for you! I am in Boston currently and just got back from a week-long trip to SD...didn't take me long to start talking about moving there, and now, have officially decided I will be moving there within the next year or so. Wish you all the best!

Old 01-23-2011, 10:30 AM

745 posts, read 1,568,068 times
I moved to San Diego in 1976 and then moved away for work in Northern CA in 1996. Thought I would never be able to afford to move back due to housing prices, but, they began to drop. I applied for a job in Mission Valley and here we are, back in San Diego since Feb 2008. We have a modest house in a modest neighborhood but that suits me fine at this point in my life, just the two of us, my kids are grown and gone. Love the weather, the scenery, the proximity to the ocean. I have no plans to leave again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego