Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 10:49 PM

241 posts, read 429,400 times

Advertisements

Wanted to know from the natives if they like winter or summer in San Diego and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 10:56 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
I'm not a native of San Diego but the climate is similar to all of southern California. It depends on where one lives in San Diego since the immediate coastline is quite a bit cooler than inland areas. The difference in coastal San Diego [right on the bay or beach areas] between summer and winter is only 12 degrees [66 during winter to 78 during summer] so there really isn't much difference. Inland temperatures are closer to 70 during winter to the 80's or higher during summer with colder nights.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:02 PM

241 posts, read 429,400 times
That sounds good so u guys dont get those humid nights like the eastcoast has in the summer.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:12 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
I am a native San Diegan. In the winter we tend to get rain and our mountains get snow. But a lot of times during the winter it is warm enough to go to the beach. This past winter I went to the beach several times because it was sunny and in the upper 60's. But this past winter we also had a lot of rain (a lot by SoCal standards) about 3-4 inches maybe more. It seems this winter might be that way too because today it has been pouring rain all day. If you want to go skiing or snowboarding, the San Bernardino Mountains have ski resorts. Big Bear is at the top of the mountains and has two ski resorts an a beautiful lake. It is about an hour to two hours from San Diego.

The summer is usually beautiful and in the 70's to mid 80's along the coast. Inland it gets between 80-95 degrees. This past summer it was gloomy and cool from May to mid August, which is unusual. It is usually only gloomy and cool in May and June. May Gray/June Gloom is what we call these months.

Last edited by BacktoBlue; 11-20-2010 at 11:22 PM..

Old 11-20-2010, 11:28 PM

169 posts, read 859,110 times
winter, because we get the most variety.

On a good year it doesnt rain too much but just enough, and we still get plenty of sun but the temp stays nice and cool

Old 11-21-2010, 09:36 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,583 times
We are blessed with near-perfect weather, which means that every season is great. Occasionally, it will rain, or we'll get a Santa Ana (hot with wind), or it will be windy. Otherwise, winter or summer, you can expect nice conditions.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:11 PM

93 posts, read 228,345 times
As a transplanted Midwesterner who has lived here for one full year, I failed to see much in the way of meaningful seasonal differences. Pretty much Spring all year long I think. Infrequent cool and rainy days and a few really hot ones in the late summer and fall, but pretty monotonous otherwise. For the record, I'm not complaining.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:58 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Lived in SD for nine years and by far SUMMER was by far my favorite season. It has the best beach weather with warm temps and nice, mild ocean temps. September is more summerlike than June though in SoCal. I just love the weather and atmosphere here in summer, the beach scene here during summer is great. I love the vibe, vibrancy, and meeting all the people visiting. Warm days and warm/mild nights with some humidity. SD has by far the best summer nights along the entire coastline of the west coast. Summer in SD is like heaven to me (except this past summer haha). Winter is cool, it's sunny, you get the most variety, rain, it's more lush and green but the water is cold, nights are cold, and the weather isn't as consistent like summer. SUMMER by far is the best in coastal SD imo.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,850,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealohaman View Post
As a transplanted Midwesterner who has lived here for one full year, I failed to see much in the way of meaningful seasonal differences. Pretty much Spring all year long I think. Infrequent cool and rainy days and a few really hot ones in the late summer and fall, but pretty monotonous otherwise. For the record, I'm not complaining.
News Flash: San Diego has more moderate weather than the Midwest. Film at 11:00.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:49 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
San Diego City boundary or San Diego County boundary? It's a big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego