Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:51 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
do any of these trucks have websites or facebooks so they can be tracked? Or are they predictably in the same place?
If you're on facebook you can add San Diego food trucks as a friend, and they update every day as to where the various trucks will be. Or google "San Diego Food Trucks" and you can find most of the individually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 07:42 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Hamilton's Tavern now has a food truck. It's parked in front of the Eleven bar at 3519 El Cajon Blvd. They just serve regular food like burgers, but there's always a line, so they must be pretty good. The Eleven Bar is also owned by the owners of Hamilton's.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:18 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
You can actually call Allan and ask him where/when he's gonna be. I've found him consistent on Fridays, but I haven't tried him on other days so I can't speak to them.

here's his website, his number's on the bottom left.
Thanks, I just got back fro Copper Chemney and they were there with about six people in line a head of me. Not bad for 2pm on a Sunday. I went with their chicken biryani plate for $5 as I'd had that before and knew I liked it.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Hamilton's Tavern now has a food truck. It's parked in front of the Eleven bar at 3519 El Cajon Blvd. They just serve regular food like burgers, but there's always a line, so they must be pretty good. The Eleven Bar is also owned by the owners of Hamilton's.
There is also a street taco vendor (serving TJ style street tacos) on Adams Ave at the liquor store right next to Lestat's Coffee Shop.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:57 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Thanks, I just got back fro Copper Chemney and they were there with about six people in line a head of me. Not bad for 2pm on a Sunday. I went with their chicken biryani plate for $5 as I'd had that before and knew I liked it.
The biryani is great! It's not a dish that I'm hugely excited about generally, but I really like it from Copper Chimney. Try the ginger chicken next time- it's like nothing I've ever had before and it's AMAZING. And the chicken 65 is a big favorite of mine, but he runs out of that pretty quick.

Also, any of the dhosas (I prefer the standard masala dhosa) are amazing, and they come with like 6 or 7 different chutneys on the side.

Really, I've never ordered anything from him that I didn't just *love*, but those are some of my favorites.

Oh, and I don't recall if the biryani is real spicy, but both of the dishes I mentioned above are

Old 04-07-2011, 05:40 PM

There has been a lot of new food truck action lately. The most promising one, which I have yet to try but am absolutely DYING to try, is Super Q Food Truck which promises "an All-American hickery smoke BBQ experience with elements of North Carolina, Texas and St. Louis style flavors and influence." so far the reviews on yelp and chowhound look very good but I will have to try it for my self before I recommend the place.

Super Q Food Truck – BBQ | SuperQFoodTruck – BBQ

I did try the Devilicious Food Truck (I got their poached lobster grilled & cheese sandwich with a small green salad for $9) and quickly decided I would be coming back from more from this food truck. The quality is very high and the value can't be beat so I'm betting they're going to do very well here in San Diego.

deviliciousfoodtruck.com

MangiaMangia does some pretty good Italian as well as sandwiches (I only had a sandwich but I want to return to try the Italian) and that sounds good to me especially since there are so few really good Italian restaurants here in San Diego. It's definitely worth a try.

Mangia Mangia Mobile – San Diego Italian Gourmet Food Truck – Catering - San Diego's Premiere Gourmet Italian Food Truck

This late one comes from a friend of mine who found the Hibiscus Grill Korean BBQ truck parked in the parking lot at Plaza Bonita Mall. I haven't tried it myself (or even heard of the place until a friend mentioned it) but I am told they sell some pretty good Korean BBQ for very reasonable prices so I will be checking this place out.

Hibiscus Grill Korean BBQ - Chula Vista - National City, CA

Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Anyone going to the Food Truck festival at the Del Mar Fairgrounds on May 7th? We went to the one in OC last year, and plan on going to this one, but with a much different strategy! Waiting in line for an hour sucked and we'll go with a big group and spread out this time around.

Some of the trucks coming are from LA, so it should be good.

San Diego Food Truck Festival 2011 Rolls Out Fine Dining in One Place, May 7 (http://sandiego.about.com/b/2011/04/03/san-diego-food-truck-festival-2011-rolls-out-fine-dining-in-one-place-may-7.htm - broken link)

Old 04-07-2011, 10:55 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
You would have liked the great food truck shoot out at 57 a couple weeks ago.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:39 AM

177 posts, read 398,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
You would have liked the great food truck shoot out at 57 a couple weeks ago.
They have it every month.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:32 PM

KPBS recently had a great news article on the growth of the local food truck scene.

Food-Truck Rush Sweeping San Diego | KPBS.org

The trend may have jumped the shark as even the fastfood chain Jack in the Box has a food truck but there are a lot of great upper end food trucks run my local small businesses.

Here's a second article: http://www.kpbs.org/news/2011/apr/14...dining-option/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego