Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 06:33 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

TJ has so much to offer that the rest of Mexico does not.

Something I'm sure.

hmmm

wait....

I'll think of it.

FOUND IT

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblog...world-by-cnng/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 07:52 PM

231 posts, read 455,785 times
Safest place is a bar called Adelita....LOL

God, I remember when I was in high school, if there wasn't a major party at somebody's house or at the beach, it was off to TJ we went. I became quite well acquainted with the area and gained a reputation in my highschool class as a good guide. At least four or five times, girls in my HS class would ask me to sheperd them down there so that they could experience it.

My favorite saying from back then was that if World War III ever started, you'd be safe in Tijuana because 1/2 of the Marine Corps was in TJ at any given moment.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:05 PM

16 posts, read 35,461 times
I'd go, walk across the border, turn right when you get to the cab station, and just hang out in the little plaza at the end of the street. That's enough TJ for a turista to take. You'll pass by pharmacies, dentists, hot dog carts, taco shops, street vendors, and clubs without having to wander very far. You really don't even have to cross the green bridge, maybe if you'd like to take a walk. Only cross the green bridge during the day. Across the green bridge and up the street a bit is the TJ wax museum, which is always a hoot. Its all the same kind of stuff on revolucion anyway, minus strip clubs. If you go to one of those, make sure your wallet is attached to a chain or you have your money/ID well hidden. They WILL pickpocket you when giving you a lap dance. It's happened to every guy I know and do NOT urinate in the street. You will get thrown in jail. This has also happened to every guy I know growing up here in San Diego LOL

Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 AM

37 posts, read 136,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I don't visit any of the establishments he mentioned (happily married, thank you) but I think he is being especially foolish. Sex work is regulated by the government in Mexico so at least if someone goes to one of the licensed brothels then you know all the girls are licensed and have received recent medical exams for STDs. He, however, said he preferred the street walkers, who are the lowest of the low in the prostitution business, and the main reason those women are not in the licensed brothels is because they can't pass the medical exam to get a state issued license. In short, most of them have AIDS or some other STD and that's why they're on the street instead of in one of the licensed brothels.

I don't think saving $30 is worth my life and anyone who does is foolish.
Don't forget that newly infected can test negative for up to 6 months (In Mexico they use the old ELISA test, and not the newer, more expensive PCR test). Also, a licensed brothel girl can be HIV- on the day she takes her test and then contract HIV the next day, potentially spreading it until the next required exam.

The subjects in my colleague's study were all female (no trannies) and included women working the brothels. So, for those of you who engage in this sort of thing, even Adelitas is not without risk. Just sayin'...

Old 06-29-2012, 10:33 AM

You gotta really have ZERO game to have to buy sex.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I don't visit any of the establishments he mentioned (happily married, thank you) but I think he is being especially foolish. Sex work is regulated by the government in Mexico so at least if someone goes to one of the licensed brothels then you know all the girls are licensed and have received recent medical exams for STDs. He, however, said he preferred the street walkers, who are the lowest of the low in the prostitution business, and the main reason those women are not in the licensed brothels is because they can't pass the medical exam to get a state issued license. In short, most of them have AIDS or some other STD and that's why they're on the street instead of in one of the licensed brothels.

I don't think saving $30 is worth my life and anyone who does is foolish.
Living downtown, $30 is the price to get a smile! No, I'm not kidding. A couple of $12 drinks, and then the tip, and you're pretty close.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You gotta really have ZERO game to have to buy sex.
You'll pay one way or the other. Hookers are just more upfront about it.

Think about it. You wanna get some play? Well, plan on buying her a few drinks at a nice place. Now you're both hungry, so you get some food. And then, you talk a little walk, and maybe grab some coffee.

Okay, now you're ready to possibly head back to your place. But even then, she might not give you what you want.

I figure you probably drop a c-note for sure and you might not get any play anyway.

Or you can go down to TJ, pay less than that, and get some for sure.

From an economic standpoint, there's no question which is the right way to go. But yeah, there's the whole, I gotta pay a hooker thing.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:37 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Just come on up to ECB, I'm sure that the hookers cost less on The Boulevard.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:58 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,193 times
Wow, this thread has an insane amount of views.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
You'll pay one way or the other. Hookers are just more upfront about it.

Think about it. You wanna get some play? Well, plan on buying her a few drinks at a nice place. Now you're both hungry, so you get some food. And then, you talk a little walk, and maybe grab some coffee.

Okay, now you're ready to possibly head back to your place. But even then, she might not give you what you want.

I figure you probably drop a c-note for sure and you might not get any play anyway.

Or you can go down to TJ, pay less than that, and get some for sure.

From an economic standpoint, there's no question which is the right way to go. But yeah, there's the whole, I gotta pay a hooker thing.
What happened to friends with benefits? I always had some on speed dial. Net cost = zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego