Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 01:47 PM

6 posts, read 64,512 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I have posted before about moving to MCAS Miramar. I have been searching for place to look at apts in when I get there in Oct. I foudn these two places. I have heard conflicting stories on whether or not these areas are safe for me and my family. My husband and I are young )he is 27 and I am 25) and we have a little baby, so we are looking for somethign convienient but safe as well. The second link I foudn by searching for apartments for rent in teh SD area and I have heard that Rancho Bernado was a good area for a family. I have also heard that Lakeside is a good area as well (although I have heard it has some ghetto as well???) So I was wondering if you all coudl check out these two apt sites and tell me if either of these are in safe neighborhoods. Again...Im not looking or anythign super fancy or anythign ritzy...just average is fine. I just want a safe place with an easy (at least fairly easy) commute to MCAS MIramar.

Thanks. Any input woudl be appreciated!

link 1:
Apartment Overview Villas At Camino Bernardo San Diego, CA
Link 2:
Wintercrest Village Apartments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 10:03 PM

169 posts, read 859,310 times
I don't know it that well, but from what I do know Rancho Bernardo is a nice area.

I don't really deal with Lakeside...for many reasons...

Old 07-17-2007, 11:34 PM

6 posts, read 42,778 times
I would definitely choose Rancho Bernardo over Lakeside. In fact, I live close to the 1st apartment so I can tell you that its very safe, suburban, middle class area. You are 1 exit away from all the strip malls & family restaurants on Carmel Mtn Rd.

Based on my own personal bias, I would not want to live in Lakeside or anything too far inland due to the HEAT and its very dry, deserty. In my humble opinion and based on my own bias, Lakeside is a bit redneck for me. I think of horses and ranches and barren land. And this is because I had a coworker from there who owned horses on her ranch. hehe.

Good luck on your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego