Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:37 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
If you're kids are vaccinated, you should be ok and exposure should boost their immune system. I would worry more about any immune-compromised folks and their kids themselves. Let say we should call social services on them.
You get a large enough pool of vaccinated people out there then you have enough people where the disease can spread among them. Since vaccination isn't 100% effective and even vaccinated people can catch the disease so increased exposure increases the likelihood everyone will catch the disease. These Luddites are murders plain and simple.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:39 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithhope7 View Post
The OP was probably not intending to start a contraversial topic. She probably was simply asking the question that is the title, maybe?
As for all the bashing it is very childish and downright unnecessary. I can't blame the OP for not posting again.
So it's bashing for people to have a reasonable concern for the welfare of their children when these selfish and uneducated people risk not just their own children's lives but EVERYONE else's children's lives as well?

I wouldn't consider such reasonable objections childish or unnecessary.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:50 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
You get a large enough pool of vaccinated people out there then you have enough people where the disease can spread among them. Since vaccination isn't 100% effective and even vaccinated people can catch the disease so increased exposure increases the likelihood everyone will catch the disease. These Luddites are murders plain and simple.
I was thinking about that - your point and scenario are valid.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Kids Get Measles From the Measles Vaccine!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the OP has not posted once since January, and has never participated in this lively discussion? What do you call someone who starts a controversial topic, then disappears?
Maybe she was looking for an answer to her question....not the callous, clueless, derogatory remarks she's been getting here.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
I can't believe the schools let parents get away with this nonsense. Fringe science and fakery still seem to convince some people who are looking for the next big thing.

Jenny McCarthy followers are about as bad as the Scientologists who believe in Xenu.

Every day you hear of some new finding i.e. alcohol is bad for you...but it may be good for you....but cutting fat will help you lose weight....but eat fats and proteins, it's the carbs that cause weight gain...

Sticking to the old tried and true, if it ain't broke, why fix it? Because some ex-Playboy playmate is in denial?
Fringe science and fakery???that must be your specialty, I've never heard of it.Who the hell follows Jenny McCarthy??,and why would they?for some reason I've noticed vaccine proponents seem to love bringing her up...I guess you must be the followers....As far as vaccines go, you can't say you're sticking to tried and true...it's not the same...35 years ago children recieved about 7or 8 vaccines, now they jab our young with 32, sometimes up to 10 different vaccines in a day...

Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post

Nowhere does the article say that "Kids Get Measles From the Measles Vaccine."

The outbreak occurred in 1984 and the contact for the first kid who got sick was never identified. All the article shows is that protection from the vaccine is not 100%.

The more we vaccinate, the lower the risk for all of us.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Fringe science and fakery???that must be your specialty, I've never heard of it.Who the hell follows Jenny McCarthy??,and why would they?for some reason I've noticed vaccine proponents seem to love bringing her up...I guess you must be the followers....As far as vaccines go, you can't say you're sticking to tried and true...it's not the same...35 years ago children recieved about 7or 8 vaccines, now they jab our young with 32, sometimes up to 10 different vaccines in a day...
People mention Jenny McCarthy because of her contribution to the autism- is -caused-by-vaccines myth.

You seem to be fixated on the web based anti-vaccine movement which has no scientific support for its views. That isn't even "fringe science"; it's no science at all.

Yes, we have new vaccines. They were developed using the same scientific precepts that were used to develop the older vaccines. They are safe and effective --- and the combination vaccines are safe and effective. That's the facts, supported by real science.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:37 PM

58 posts, read 148,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdan.k View Post
Anyone remember the measles epidemic back in 1988-90?
It's up to the parent of the child weather or not to choose to vaccinate...But consequences can be dire if there we're to be another epidemic.
(Yes, I'm quoting myself)
Passengers on a flight that landed in San Diego may have been exposed to measles. - San Diego 6 (http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Passengers-on-a-flight-that-landed-in-San-Diego/pavxdufH5UG0s2i1MvKwPA.cspx?rss=800 - broken link)
Uh-oh seems like someone on the plane wasn't vaccinated

Old 06-03-2011, 02:41 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdan.k View Post
(Yes, I'm quoting myself)
Passengers on a flight that landed in San Diego may have been exposed to measles. - San Diego 6 (http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Passengers-on-a-flight-that-landed-in-San-Diego/pavxdufH5UG0s2i1MvKwPA.cspx?rss=800 - broken link)
Uh-oh seems like someone on the plane wasn't vaccinated
It's a good thing everyone else on that plane was vaccinated. If the vaccine is so effective, then they shouldn't worry about him being sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego