Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 AM

57 posts, read 95,889 times

Advertisements

I have a bachelors in Physical Education with a teaching credential in NJ/CA. Since it looks like I'll never get a teaching job, I wanted to know if anyone would have any good advice on what career I could possibly change to or get with my degree. I love sports but I also like to help others and that's why I got into teaching. Any advice is helpful. Looking to go back to San Diego this summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 10:07 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
People will say the "job market is bad here" which is true but there are still jobs here. You just have to have the know how and the patience. so you don't want to go into teaching again? Maybe you could be a coach at one of the colleges? I'm not too sure what exactly you want to do in the field. Coaching?

Old 02-02-2011, 12:52 PM

61 posts, read 99,927 times
Coaching would be awesome, SDSU just lost Brady Hoke to Michigan! I played football from the age of 7 until just 2 years ago, I would get into coaching if I had a degree in PE or if someone would let me!

Or you could coach basketball, but the SDSU mens team is playing pretty damn well even after there first lost. Last I heard they were 20-1.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
People will say the "job market is bad here" which is true but there are still jobs here. You just have to have the know how and the patience. so you don't want to go into teaching again? Maybe you could be a coach at one of the colleges? I'm not too sure what exactly you want to do in the field. Coaching?

I do wanna teach but PE teaching jobs are hard to get whether it be ca or nj but I'm looking at getting a math credential or special ed in ca. The winter here this year makes me wanna be in nice weather during winter. I would love to coach if given the chance

Old 02-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce35 View Post
Coaching would be awesome, SDSU just lost Brady Hoke to Michigan! I played football from the age of 7 until just 2 years ago, I would get into coaching if I had a degree in PE or if someone would let me!

Or you could coach basketball, but the SDSU mens team is playing pretty damn well even after there first lost. Last I heard they were 20-1.

I love both sports but I think I would do a better job coaching or assistant coaching in basketball prob middle school or hs level (freshman/JV). Yeah, it's good to hear about the SDSU men's basketball team! About time basketball is legit there. I heard Herm Edwards would coach the football team if offered. He's an SDSU alum

Old 02-02-2011, 08:45 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVill2008 View Post
I do wanna teach but PE teaching jobs are hard to get whether it be ca or nj but I'm looking at getting a math credential or special ed in ca. The winter here this year makes me wanna be in nice weather during winter. I would love to coach if given the chance
Don't count on getting any type of teaching job here. The school districts are getting ready to start cutting their budget again, which means employees will be losing their jobs. The teachers in one district are planning to strike on Friday, unless something changes. Most of them aren't even hiring substitute teachers anymore, they have enough in the pool.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:59 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,482,531 times
SDTI is always hiring in SD

Old 02-03-2011, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
SDTI is always hiring in SD

What's SDTI?

Old 02-03-2011, 10:02 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Another school district just announced that they're starting to plan their layoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: