Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:25 AM

26 posts, read 105,037 times

Advertisements

Selling husbands, has been banned. But if you spare him.
San Diego is an outdoor paradise. Healthy living ( not to an extreme ) is San Diego's strong suit. healthy food too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM

4 posts, read 8,820 times
Hello All! Just wanted to thank you for your help and advice. Took some of your suggestions and my husband loved what he saw in San Diego. We are moving there in three weeks!

Now.... which route to we take? We are driving from New York... Hmmm...

Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 PM

23 posts, read 50,501 times
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys, hope that I will be in your same boat within a couple of years or sooner!!! Please keep us posted on your move and your new life in SD.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:21 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
It's good to see you two made the right choice.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:34 PM

418 posts, read 1,312,452 times
You are going to love it more than either of you have imagined. I have been here 1 month now, am having a ball just cruising about each day in my convertible. I am happier than I have been in so many many years, feels so much like home already, have lost 10 more of the 100 pounds I want to lose this year since arriving, even though I go out and eat each day at a newly discovered restaurant, I sleep better with ocean breeze coming through the windows day and night, and find everyone I meet to be very friendly and cheery. It has even been a pleasure to drive here with other driver's seeming polite and good drivers. I don't live in S.D., but rather San Marcos. But I do drive each day to either Escondido, Vista, Encinitas, Carlsbad, or Oceanside. The people on the larger freeways drive a bit fast for me so far, but don't seem to mind me going 60 or 65 as long as I stay in the right lane. I have noticed 2 things which stand out greatly. The majority of people are Hispanic and seem to speak Spanish most of the time, and it is rare to see a black person. Neither is a good or bad thing, just very noticeable compared to Texas and Arizona where I have lived the last 30 yrs. It does seem that the Hispanic people are a bit more aloof and not as cordial towards me than they are towards fellow Hispanic customers, sometimes to the point of seeming like they don't care if you are there or not. Guess I am finally learning what minorities feel all their lives from white people.

I think Hispanic girls and women are so pretty that I have to try not to stare at them. I don't want to get their jealous boyfriends or husbands upset. But it is hard not to want to look.

It will all seem even nicer if the weather warms up a tad this summer, 5-10 degrees higher would be perfect.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:10 PM

25 posts, read 155,953 times
afterafterhours - where did you end up taking your husband that sold him? Which towns were the most fun to walk through?

Old 06-02-2011, 04:16 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
nyc has that "anything can happen today" kind of vibe and sd has that "nothing's going to happen today" kind of vibe.
lol!...

Old 06-02-2011, 05:18 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware_of_Dog View Post
It does seem that the Hispanic people are a bit more aloof and not as cordial towards me than they are towards fellow Hispanic customers, sometimes to the point of seeming like they don't care if you are there or not.
Is it in Escondido where this is happening? If so, it's because of politics. A few of the Escondido city council members are trying to "gentrify" Escondido by passing laws that make it difficult for the Hispanics. I notice a huge difference between the way we're regarded in the Northgate market in Escondido vs. the Northgate market in National City. And I don't blame them for feeling hostile.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
Escondido has a large hispanic population as does Oceanside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego