Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:52 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,660 times

Advertisements

My average winter bill in SD was around $40, my average winter bill down here has been around $135. I do have a pool though, so the pump runs the bill up a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 07:04 AM

20 posts, read 29,064 times
I also live in Texas and here's a few other things I miss about SD and California in general:
  • football before noon
  • being able to drive to snow, the ocean, the forest, etc. within 3 hours
  • good fresh produce (besides peppers and melons)
  • good fresh fish (besides gulf shrimp)

I'm planning to move back to SD this summer. Things I will about Texas:
  • cheap housing

Old 01-13-2014, 09:54 AM

191 posts, read 454,302 times
The housing isn't that cheap though, because the property taxes are a killer. We looked at a 300k house with 1k a month in property taxes.

I found electric to be more in Texas, too. Almost everything cost more. Especially food. And I had a really hard time with the quality of the food, as well. Produce would be literally rotting in the stores. Sometimes I had to adjust my menus because I literally could not get a single tomato that wasn't moldy, or they would have one unripe avocado.

And I will never miss Texas drivers. I have lived all over the US and they are by far the worst because they are so unpredictable.

I do miss the ocean fishing, it seems that it is better than the Pacific. However, we do get some pretty amazing clams here. The beaches are cleaner here, too. Texans seem to treat Texas as their own personal landfill.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:22 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
The electric rates are lower in Texas but you use a hell of a lot more of it both because the weather always sucks and because the building codes tend to be poor in Texas so houses are extremely energy inefficient.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:20 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Yes, me too.....San Diego is beautiful.

I would love to move back, somewhere in North San Diego County.......cannot afford to at this point.

So if I do move back...it will probably be to one of the cheaper, Tweakadelphia areas out in the desert.....Riverside County ( will not move to Mad MaxBernardino).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego