Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:51 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,463,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I honestly don't remember!
Argh. Is there a taco shop you like in that location?

Somebody suggested El Indio for my first post-flight fix, since they claim to have invented them. I actually never ate there in all my years in San Diego. Usually found my way to various ...bertos. Any thoughts on El Indio, anyone?
Check out La Mesita...corner of 70th and University (about a mile and a half from SDSU)

El Indio is pretty good... nothing special though. better than a 'bertos though. I don't really like those places... I worry about cleanliness at a lot of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 01:51 PM

800 posts, read 4,296,808 times
My fave subject

Thanx for the recommendations...Plan on getting down to SD finally possibly during next trip in fall to S. Cal.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:02 PM

840 posts, read 6,513,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
I only go to Roberto's on Brodway Past 2am
Awwwww man
The Barrel might be the best in the City of SD
I'm just glad that Carne Asada fries originated in SD
Carne asada fries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There's a taco shop here in Oregon that serves something like that... and the owner of the shop is from Chula Vista.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:10 PM

169 posts, read 859,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I honestly don't remember!
Argh. Is there a taco shop you like in that location?

Somebody suggested El Indio for my first post-flight fix, since they claim to have invented them. I actually never ate there in all my years in San Diego. Usually found my way to various ...bertos. Any thoughts on El Indio, anyone?
I was just about to mention this place too, defintely go there. matter of fact I put El Indio ahead of alot of the other places I mentioned

Old 07-26-2007, 06:01 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,733,684 times
Some good suggestions of places I've never heard of!! I need to get out more, I guess...

Sombrero's is one of my favorites, as well as Valentine's for their potato tacos - greasy and good!!

Don Carlos on Pearl St. in La Jolla is sure tasty after a day of bodysurfing and snorkeling at the Cove and Shores

Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 PM

138 posts, read 544,596 times
Red face Pedro's in Fallbrook

Since I moved to Fallbrook 4 weeks ago, my husband and I have become addicted to Pedro's. It is sooo good. The tacos come with a huge dollop of guac on them. That is another thing...there is way too much good guacamole here in Fallbrook. I am not fitting into my clothes anymore. The only bad thing about Pedro's is that if you want to eat outside they make you sit on these milk containers. Not too comfortable on the rear end.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,463,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Sombrero's is one of my favorites, as well as Valentine's for their potato tacos - greasy and good!!
I used to live across the street from Valentines for a couple of years ... I must have eaten a couple hundred pounds of carne asada, adobada, breakfast burritos, and potato rolled tacos from there. After a while, the smell of carne asada became unbrearable.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:07 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,058,632 times
PORKYLAND in barrio Logan of coarse.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:22 AM
SDF

52 posts, read 245,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Tacos El Gordo rocks, also there is a place by my house called Tacos El Michoacan which is authentic MX-style tacos. That place is packed at all times. Don't forget the tortillas at Porkyland!

My brother swears by Colimas in North Park... 12-pack of Potato Rolled Tacos at 2AM!

Worst taco shop in SD - El Rodeo, Washington Street, Hillcrest.
This is a great thread! We should keep it going...

Sass, when I worked in NP we used to call it "Colitas" Mexican Food after I was served a straight up nasty breakfast burrito. Several followup visits were okay though.

Yes, El Gordo rocks, but it seems they're always out of Sesos when I go there

Rancho Villa's in San Carlos rocks too. I love that place.

Bajafresh is pretty good for a gringo-style place.

And who can forget two north PB staples, Los 2 Pedros, and Bahia Don Bravo in Birdrock. I've been eating at those places since I was 8 or 9 (I'm 28).

As far as crappy places, anywhere that closes at 8 or 9pm (there are numerous) are totally lame. The one down the street from my house in CV is very good, but they close at 8 (de Kotija). What gives?

Old 08-30-2007, 03:24 AM
SDF

52 posts, read 245,706 times
Oh man! I forgot about the one that used to be in National City off Sweetwater/805 called "Analberto's". I wonder why it went out of business...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego