U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 12:01 AM

53 posts, read 149,041 times

Advertisements

My wife like a house there. It's a 4 bedroom house with 2 bathroom for $330K. 2,155 SQ. FT. The house is beautiful and i like the location but the backyard is too small.

Any feedback of this community.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 08:04 PM

90 posts, read 234,695 times
Default heard it's a great area

I don't live there, but am actually looking at properties there right now. I've heard nothing but good things about the Eastlake area. Apparently, the schools are really great, newer, safe, and the teachers are good. The area is supposed to be really safe too and clean.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novabrite View Post
I don't live there, but am actually looking at properties there right now. I've heard nothing but good things about the Eastlake area. Apparently, the schools are really great, newer, safe, and the teachers are good. The area is supposed to be really safe too and clean.
Thanks !!! I went back today to check the area and it looks so nice. I will work on the backyard. I can't believe they bought the house for $670K on 2006. I will pull the trigger. Eastlake trails,green or vistas are good options.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:58 AM

1,504 posts, read 5,645,654 times
I looked there back in 2008. Backyards are small, monthly fees are high, and the commute to any area north of the 8 is easily 45 minutes one way (and, most likely, involves the 125, which is a toll highway, so add $100/month if you're going to use it to commute to work). Other than that, no major negatives.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:50 PM

14 posts, read 51,879 times
great place to live!

Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 PM

7 posts, read 16,043 times
Great area, you will be close to the mall, movies and the 125. Your monthly fees will be high so make sure you know about the HOA's (maybe 2 HOA's) and Mello-Roos taxes.
Check out www.sellingchulavistahomes.com if your still looking, great site with good info

Old 03-26-2011, 10:41 PM

7 posts, read 16,043 times
Great schools my kids are 10 and 12 and we cannot say enough about the schools and the teachers.
You can find great inf on the local schools and homes for sale at www.sellingchulavistahomes.com

Old 03-26-2011, 11:30 PM

Mike, Thanks..The deal didn't go. They are renting the house and should be available until July. We decide to check more houses around the same area.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:55 PM

241 posts, read 387,869 times
Whats the weather like there?Do u get the coastal effect or is it hot like El Cajon?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,834 times
Otay is a great area, but do not move into the Summit at Eastlake. I have lived here since 2008, and I am now moving solely because of how bad this place is ran. The HOA does not enforce any rules/nor follows up on community problems i.e.; broken water sprinklers, underground leaks, noisy neighbors, cars blocking access in or out of YOUR garage. You actually have to call a member of the board in order to have a car towed that is blocking your garage. There is no parking here what so ever, and you share the gym/pool with everyone who lives in the detached homes, all the condos(which they just built about 60 more)and all the people in the apartments that are next to the pool. The pool itself looks like baby oil sometimes, and is usually very dirty. One of the worst items, is that most of the dog owners DO NOT pick up after their pets, and some of these homes have some pretty large dogs, or a few small ones. So there is not really any where for the kids to play except in the street, or the one single outdated playground, big enough for maybe 8 kids. Not to mention there are about 20 houses seeking to sue the builder for defects. If anything of these seems far fetched, please come by around 5PM to see for yourself. Buying a house here was the biggest mistake of our lives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or