Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 03:11 PM

11 posts, read 35,987 times

Advertisements

Hi,

First of all, thanks to all for reading and taking the time to reply to this post. I do appreciate it. We are moving from Chicago, and we will be visiting soon for a week to look at some rental properties and sign our lease. I am not finding good sites for rental properties there. Realtor.com does not help much. I dont see much in Craig's list. We are looking for rental homes or townhomes/what is referred to as multi-level condos (not apartment units in buildings), 3 bedroom 2 bath - 20-25 mins driving dist from Rancho Bernardo. Could you point me to some sites that have good listings for rentals.

I saw the other thread about property search engines where cruitr and some others had proposed redfin, and SDLookup etc, I checked them out, but they seem to be mostly for properties to be purchased.

Also do real estate agents do this research? It would be great to have someone working for us there and can line up some homes to check out.

Thanks again for your help. So confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 04:11 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,574,371 times
Rentals are a very fragmented market. There is no MLS for all rentals. A realtor probably won't be of much help to you. You'll find the best rentals when you work directly with the property owners. However, many owners turn marketing and management of their properties to property managers.

Here are two rental sites:
HotPads - Map Search for Real Estate, Apartments and Houses for Rent, Foreclosures and Homes for Sale
Rent Jungle - Apartment and Rental Search Engine With Millions of Apartments And Houses For Rent

For the shortest commutes to Rancho Bernardo, look for a rental in zips 92127 and 92128.

Go Bears! (just kidding... my wife is a Cheesehead)

Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM

11 posts, read 35,987 times
Thanks cruitr. I will definitely check out both the links. Do you have any idea where the property management companies market their single houses for rent?

Thanks for your help.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:30 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,574,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raheri View Post
Thanks cruitr. I will definitely check out both the links. Do you have any idea where the property management companies market their single houses for rent?

Thanks for your help.
Most property managers use craigslist. It's cheap and everybody looks there.

Here are two reputable property management companies:
San Diego Property Management
SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA - SAN DIEGO Homes and Real Estate For Sale - ,
There are dozens of others.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,608 times
Default Happy to help

Hi Raheri,

I'm a real estate agent as well as a property manager in San Diego. I moved here from Chicago area nearly 13 years ago and would be happy to do some research for you!

Erika
Erika Satre Smith, Realtor @ CENTURY 21 Award and San Diego community advocate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego