Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:12 PM

75 posts, read 113,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachtreeCornersMike View Post
Thanks for responding. I am also considering Austin (in addition to LA, Denver, Portland, and SD). Are SD and Austin the only two you are considering?

Yes, no offense to sh0t, but I am starting to think the whole sausage-fest thing is a bit exaggerated. It would be nice to find some 2010 census stats for 18-30 yr olds though.

The people sound really friendly. Did you just walk right up to them?

So far only those two cities. I'm a software engineer and Austin came up as a "Technology Center" when silicon valley was searched on wikipedia. It seems to be generally true.

---------------
I'm sure the ratio can be as bad as shOT mentioned on Friday nights. A roomate to hit the bars with is a good idea. Otherwise its just weird.

I noticed in genreal that lots of girls like to have dinner and a few cocktails after work. Most of them were in their mid twenties.

-----------------

No, definetly don't walk up to them out of no where. One of the nights I just went to BJ's a chain restaurant/bar and sat down at the bar enjoyed my dinner w/ beer. I jumped into casual convo with girls that sat near me after I already had been there a while.

Another night, I took a seat at the only spot available at the bar which happened to be next to some ladies. It was my only option. I never intentionally went creeping up on them.

Either way they were more than welcoming in terms of giving advice. Waitresses are friendly as well if she isn't the bartender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 03:00 PM

116 posts, read 251,047 times
I guarantee you I am not exaggerating it.

I was out last night showing friends around downtown and PB, and everybody complained about it.

Taco Tuesday at Whiskey Girl and La puetre downtown, several bars in PB where I live(tavern, typhoons). I'll take pictures for you if you want.

Some days can be nice, but the trend is very bad. I went to Jose's in La jolla last week and there were like 30 girls and 5 dudes. Amazing, but not common.

As I mentioned before, happy hour is the best time ratio wise. The after work crowd scene is pretty good. Sometimes bars can look pretty good if you get their earlier in the night before the horde of guys come, but they come, i assure you.

Things will become VERY CLEAR once you actually start trying to date/pull girls. Casually talking is harmless.

Living in PB to be near the bars there is extremely overrated and won't be as much fun as you think, unless you go to the beach 4 times a week. You will quickly grow tired of the PB bar scene. Living near downtown would be better if you want to be near bars and clubs.

If anything, I am underrating it because sometimes I makes me laugh. I spent last week up in the Inland Empire. I plan on going out there once a week because of how much better the scene is up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego