Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:48 AM

686 posts, read 1,138,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
am sure it is the most dangerous place to drive in the US.
Unbelievably, Massachusetts actually has the safest roads in the country.

Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Death Rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 08:10 AM

38 posts, read 69,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post

interesting.. we do have "deadly" rotaries that are foreign to most people from out of state..

Honestly, this past winter really made me hate it here.
Last year, from around April to October we had beautiful weather.. of course there was humidity, which I hate due to breathing issues, but the last few months here really brought me down.

Im pretty pale though (lol).. i'm not a big lay out in the sun person so I'd prob enjoy other activities San Diego has to offer and stroll the beaches at night..

I love what I've seen and heard.. who hasn't?

Old 04-19-2011, 08:46 AM

1,471 posts, read 3,339,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post

Yeah I knew that could be wrong. What I meant is the most unnerving, seemingly dangerous! I love how roads criss cross (entrance exit ramps shared amoung many other frighning travesties), and so many roads with no markings. Plus people are very aggressive behind the wheel. Don't know if this is due to a personal characteristic or the poor design of the roads (probably both, but mostly the latter).

Old 04-19-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Yeah I knew that could be wrong. What I meant is the most unnerving, seemingly dangerous! I love how roads criss cross (entrance exit ramps shared amoung many other frighning travesties), and so many roads with no markings. Plus people are very aggressive behind the wheel. Don't know if this is due to a personal characteristic or the poor design of the roads (probably both, but mostly the latter).
it goes along with the mentality of an aggressive lifestyle I think..

Hurry up and go applies to all parts of life here, I hate it...

Part of the reason is congestion and people being use to rushing or feeling rushed to get to where they need to be instead of giving themselves more time and being carefree about things.

traffic sucks to and can be most frustrating. just yesterday it was finally over 60 degrees and of course everyone has to be out, stuck in traffic, going nowhere, enjoying the "nice" weather.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM

I think san diego drivers are pretty good. I did notice they are worse on the freeway and in some suburban areas. I almost always am on a scooter so I am pretty sensitive to bad driving.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:11 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
I think san diego drivers are pretty good. I did notice they are worse on the freeway and in some suburban areas. I almost always am on a scooter so I am pretty sensitive to bad driving.
They're certainly worse in other parts of the country...but there are some bad apples. I got cut off the other day by a 60 year old man in a minivan driving like a teenager...gr. Just saw an elderly woman run a red light downtown today.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:13 PM

I really like the driving/ no hand held cell phone laws in CA. I know there are violaters, but I would rather be driving around with 1 out 20 people on the phone or texting than 9.9 out 10 like it was in Ohio (and any other place with no laws about this). As mentioned,I am a 2 wheeler and am hyper sensitive to bad driving because the risk of injury in a collision is higher than in a car. More people being off the phone here makes me feel safer as I have noticed fewer near misses with dips on the phone.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:05 AM

296 posts, read 614,282 times
Those near misses are the ones you have to keep an eye out for.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:19 PM

15 posts, read 17,773 times
From the kid who has lived in different areas and countries. Boston is an amazing city to live in. I lived there for a very long time and I have to say that so far its the best city I have lived in. Boston mixes a lot of cultures into one. You have your Italians living in the north end, Irish living in Southie, Chinatown and much much more. It's not as big and crazy as NYC but has a ton to offer. Boston has a great nightlife and you can not forget about the sports. If you are a sports fanatic, you will fit right in.

My biggest complaint about Boston is the damn cold weather. This year they broke all sorts of records for the amounts of snow they got. I had just enough of it, so I decided to move to TX. I miss Boston but one thing I have realized is that I truly love living in warm weather. So that being said, I am either moving to Austin or SD! SD is a great city, it has the right mix of city and chill environment for me.

The only reason why I haven't been able to move is because I can not find a job out there. I have been working in the financial industry for over 5 years in the fund accounting side. I would prefer to find a job in corporate finance. Does anyone know of any good headhunters around the area.

MP8621: I think both cities are great and I honestly think you'll enjoy both. The only reason why I moved is because I truly enjoy moving and living in different cities. Hope my feedback helps.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini18 View Post
From the kid who has lived in different areas and countries. Boston is an amazing city to live in. I lived there for a very long time and I have to say that so far its the best city I have lived in. Boston mixes a lot of cultures into one. You have your Italians living in the north end, Irish living in Southie, Chinatown and much much more. It's not as big and crazy as NYC but has a ton to offer. Boston has a great nightlife and you can not forget about the sports. If you are a sports fanatic, you will fit right in.

My biggest complaint about Boston is the damn cold weather. This year they broke all sorts of records for the amounts of snow they got. I had just enough of it, so I decided to move to TX. I miss Boston but one thing I have realized is that I truly love living in warm weather. So that being said, I am either moving to Austin or SD! SD is a great city, it has the right mix of city and chill environment for me.

The only reason why I haven't been able to move is because I can not find a job out there. I have been working in the financial industry for over 5 years in the fund accounting side. I would prefer to find a job in corporate finance. Does anyone know of any good headhunters around the area.

MP8621: I think both cities are great and I honestly think you'll enjoy both. The only reason why I moved is because I truly enjoy moving and living in different cities. Hope my feedback helps.
I have lived in Boston my whole life (32) and this winter was a real, real downer.. I think I developed seasonal depression or something as I was really feeling blue.
Last spring through fall was really nice with temps up above 70 but the humidity was hard on me and has been so for the last 5 years or so.. I have trouble breathing in it.

It was 75 and dry easter sunday and I felt so much better overall.
I have had trouble finding work here after being laid off in October so why the heck not give it a go somewhere else for a few months and if It doesnt work, my "base" is here for me.

thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego