Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 02:24 PM

9,826 posts, read 11,580,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachCowboy27 View Post
I'll say this again, any SD fan still a Clipper fan, is doing an injustice to SD rooting for the Clippers....YOU SHOULD HATE THAT TEAM, AND THEIR POMPOUS OWNER, FOR WHAT THEY DID TO SD! GO LAKERS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
they seem a losing franchise
Karma!
I can't go the route of beachcowboy but i do have some resentment for them leaving town so easy.
a part of me still roots for them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 03:35 PM

593 posts, read 1,413,067 times
I honestly didn't know the Clippers used to be in SD. Karma bit them BIG TIME!!

So is this a foreshadowing of the Chargers moving to LA controversy?

Old 05-05-2011, 09:01 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,328,107 times
I can't wait for the dirtbag Chargers owner to have a hissy fit and leave town as well because then there will be another losing team which loses most of its fans. Screw them all.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:59 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,316,294 times
even before Blake Griffin arrived, I don't get it or don't know why do so many people in L.A. go to Clipper games enough for Donald Sterling to make a profit every year, aren't there better things to do in L.A. than go see a loser play? especially when L.A. is so spoiled enough by the Lakers already

Old 07-20-2011, 10:33 AM

9,826 posts, read 11,580,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
even before Blake Griffin arrived, I don't get it or don't know why do so many people in L.A. go to Clipper games enough for Donald Sterling to make a profit every year, aren't there better things to do in L.A. than go see a loser play? especially when L.A. is so spoiled enough by the Lakers already
I think it's more of the experience of going to the staples center than it is going to see the clippers Play.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:18 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,316,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I think it's more of the experience of going to the staples center than it is going to see the clippers Play.
yeah but doesn't L.A. have fairweather fans? only likes winners? thats what I always hear, well the Clippers are big-time losers, well not financial losers, but on the court losers yes

Old 07-21-2011, 04:05 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,777,598 times
The Rockets (Houston Rockets Today) used to be "The San Diego Rockets", so technically SD used to have 2 NBA franchises. It's amazing that San Diego has even had an NBA team since SD really isn't that big of an NBA town. I do like basketball though. The Clippers never were a good team, and them leaving town years ago didn't really do any harm. If the Chargers left for LA, all hell will break loose!!

In SD, It's mostly futbol (soccer), and American football that is hugely popular in sports.

No offense, but baseball is too slow, and it gets boring fast. It's actually better to watch baseball on TV than going to the games.

Hopefully in the near future SD get's another NBA team once we can finally get a new stadium or if somebody tears down the Sports Arena and rebuilds it which desperately needs to happen.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,273,180 times
The franchise never should have left Buffalo. Strong attendance figures every year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego