Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 07:12 PM

1,600 posts, read 939,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaoftime View Post
When you combine the costs with the monotony of what there is to see and do here though I can't imagine staying here much longer. I definitely ran out of new things to do faster here than I did in the Seattle area when I moved there.
Wow, I couldn't disagree more with this. I've lived in both places, and San Diego has WAY more to do than Seattle. Seattle weather is terrible, so you're always looking for indoor places to do things, which gets old really fast. I'd much rather be outside and enjoying nature than sitting inside. Also, think of all the populated places around San Diego you can drive to...Seattle is more isolated. It comes down to preference obviously, but I couldn't wait to get out of Seattle for a variety of reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 08:35 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
Zombie thread from 2011.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:50 AM

26 posts, read 29,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
Wow, I couldn't disagree more with this. I've lived in both places, and San Diego has WAY more to do than Seattle. Seattle weather is terrible, so you're always looking for indoor places to do things, which gets old really fast. I'd much rather be outside and enjoying nature than sitting inside. Also, think of all the populated places around San Diego you can drive to...Seattle is more isolated. It comes down to preference obviously, but I couldn't wait to get out of Seattle for a variety of reasons.
I lived both San Diego and Seattle. In fact, my family just relocated back to San Diego after living in Seattle for 5 years.

Totally agree with the above post. San Diego has more things to do than Seattle. I've hiked more in a year than years in Seattle.

Seattle has a good school system, no state income tax and beautiful summers. It also a better tech market. The real estate is cheaper, but not by much anymore. So it has its positives.

Seattle's climate the other 9 months is horrible. Grey, raining and depressing. My kids can actually play outside in San Diego versus sitting inside due to the rain. Geez, where's another indoor trampoline place so my kids can exercise? Unreal. In addition, the Seattle "freeze out" is real. We are extroverted and had difficulty meeting people. I think this a function of the climate. Finally, the traffic in Seattle is brutal and getting worse. My commute times in Seattle on the 405 were exhausting.

We are so glad to be back in San Diego. Beautiful climate and overall, friendlier more outgoing neighbors. We've met more people in about a year in San Diego than 5 years in Seattle.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:31 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,933,303 times
^ Your hiking frequency comparison doesn't seem on the mark. They are comparable but qualitatively different hikes.
West coast climate certainly more moderate than East coast. It will be interesting to see how the climate change comes out - SoCal getting hotter and more humid especially in the previously very dry Santa Ana period, and PNW is getting 2 or more weeks of 90 degree weather versus previously 2 days. - anecdotal blips or new normal ?
People are people on the West coast - predominantly progressive versus the nut jobs coming to the surface on the 'gop' side...
Maybe the differences you observe reflect you, ghost.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:09 AM

1,600 posts, read 939,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
^ Your hiking frequency comparison doesn't seem on the mark. They are comparable but qualitatively different hikes.
West coast climate certainly more moderate than East coast. It will be interesting to see how the climate change comes out - SoCal getting hotter and more humid especially in the previously very dry Santa Ana period, and PNW is getting 2 or more weeks of 90 degree weather versus previously 2 days. - anecdotal blips or new normal ?
People are people on the West coast - predominantly progressive versus the nut jobs coming to the surface on the 'gop' side...
Maybe the differences you observe reflect you, ghost.
Did you write this after 2 bottles of wine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego