Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:59 PM

69 posts, read 235,666 times

Advertisements

I'll just add that I am also looking for a house with a yard and parking. It's just for myself, so I am looking for a 2 bedroom 1 bath. I am also looking in the areas you mentioned, ie Mission Hills, Hillcrest, Bankers Hill, South Park, North Park, etc. I am also looking in Ocean Beach.

I have been in a hotel for 3 1/2 weeks. Yeah. I look everyday, go out, walk the neighborhoods, I have called every realty and property management office I can find, word of mouth, bulletin boards at grocery stores (OB peoples).

I can't find a place.

Considering I am spending close to $150 a day I REALLY wold like to find a place. The few places that have interested me have rented immediately without a chance to follow up. There was one place in OB I really liked that was supposed to come on the market June 15th. Already rented. 2 people showed up at 7am and both wanted it.

I knew it would be tough to find a place, but I didn't think this hard. Sure if your not the least bit particular about where you live you'll find something. But if you care even a little bit people should be aware that the rental market does seem to be fairly tight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 04:01 PM

15 posts, read 17,445 times
Ok, thanks guys! I'm going to contact the poster just to check out the place, but I think I'll keep looking for things in the Balboa area. Sounds like it will make driving a lot easier.

We have a small corgi, about 20lbs. I hope we won't have a problem. We also have an indoor cat. Most places seem to be ok as long as we agree to put down an extra deposit.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trails View Post
I'll just add that I am also looking for a house with a yard and parking. It's just for myself, so I am looking for a 2 bedroom 1 bath. I am also looking in the areas you mentioned, ie Mission Hills, Hillcrest, Bankers Hill, South Park, North Park, etc. I am also looking in Ocean Beach.

I have been in a hotel for 3 1/2 weeks. Yeah. I look everyday, go out, walk the neighborhoods, I have called every realty and property management office I can find, word of mouth, bulletin boards at grocery stores (OB peoples).

I can't find a place.

Considering I am spending close to $150 a day I REALLY wold like to find a place. The few places that have interested me have rented immediately without a chance to follow up. There was one place in OB I really liked that was supposed to come on the market June 15th. Already rented. 2 people showed up at 7am and both wanted it.

I knew it would be tough to find a place, but I didn't think this hard. Sure if your not the least bit particular about where you live you'll find something. But if you care even a little bit people should be aware that the rental market does seem to be fairly tight.
Wow, that's not what I wanted to hear

Lucky for us we have a place to stay, as a relative lives in Vista, but damn. I really wanted to find a place ASAP since I have 2 friends coming at the end of July for SDCC.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:30 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermione24 View Post
Wow, that's not what I wanted to hear

Lucky for us we have a place to stay, as a relative lives in Vista, but damn. I really wanted to find a place ASAP since I have 2 friends coming at the end of July for SDCC.
Its good you are doing your due diligence now.

As an FYI to you and Trails, if you find a place, use this tool. It will get comp rental prices based on the address you put in. So if you see a place on craigslist with an address, even if you dont like the place, it will at least give you comps of other rentals nearby.

Rentometer-Get House and Apartment Rental Comps by Entering an Address

Old 06-08-2011, 05:05 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermione24 View Post
Ok, thanks guys! I'm going to contact the poster just to check out the place, but I think I'll keep looking for things in the Balboa area. Sounds like it will make driving a lot easier.

We have a small corgi, about 20lbs. I hope we won't have a problem. We also have an indoor cat. Most places seem to be ok as long as we agree to put down an extra deposit.
You shouldn't have too much trouble with a corgi. 20 lbs? is he/she a puppy? My feller's about 28 lbs and he's by no means overweight.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:10 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I live in BP and wouldn't trade it for even LJ which is buried away from the freeways. I'm not going to give you all of my short cut back roads but there are many to get to the Zoo area from Bay Park.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
You shouldn't have too much trouble with a corgi. 20 lbs? is he/she a puppy? My feller's about 28 lbs and he's by no means overweight.
Nope, fully grown, but she's half Pomeranian. She's fluff on both ends and sleek in the middle.

Thanks for the link shmoov!

Old 06-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I live in BP and wouldn't trade it for even LJ which is buried away from the freeways. I'm not going to give you all of my short cut back roads but there are many to get to the Zoo area from Bay Park.
You like the area then? I'm thinking more and more I definitely have to check this place out. I'm sure my husband can deal with the drive if it hass what he wants. And the view looks pretty nice.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:53 AM

Tomorrow we're going to look at a place near 31st and Beech in South Park. Any thoughts on this area? I know South Park is pretty nice overall. Not sure how the boardering areas are.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:02 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,962 times
Hermione,

That is an ok area. Once you cross south over A Street is where the invisible border line is. Its not necassarily bad, but there are more apartments and such mixed in.

Beech St goes right into the small downtown (I mean small) area which is about 2 blocks away. North gets better, east is a canyon.
Actually one of my favorite drinkin holes is there called Hamiltons if you guys are into libations and some of our world class local craft beers. Grant Marketplace is there too and they have decent sandwiches and other kitschy items.
The Grape Street dog park is close too. Maybe a 10-15 minute walk, but that dog park is great and a big locals dog park so it should be easy to meet people from around the area for certain.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego