Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,007,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback1983 View Post
..oh snap that was rude......yet so TRUE. LOL
Meh, I get it. There's a difference between asking "where are the rich guys who will take care of me at" and what the OP posted.. I generally prefer someone who's at least at a level of income that I'm not having to take care of *them* just because they're broke all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 10:47 PM

220 posts, read 989,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Meh, I get it. There's a difference between asking "where are the rich guys who will take care of me at" and what the OP posted.. I generally prefer someone who's at least at a level of income that I'm not having to take care of *them* just because they're broke all the time.
cosigned.
I would like someone in my tax bracket, who is financially solvent; as am I.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:35 AM

1,851 posts, read 3,388,949 times
Well, generally speaking, San Diego is a serviceman town (Navy). Not to mention a town with young, immature college boys. Both of these categories will only provide you with men who are probably broke more often than not. If you are looking for professionals, I'd recommend hanging out in the "wealthier" areas of San Diego on weekend mornings (coffee, bagel), jogging at the beaches, and going to the better happy hour spots. Do your coworkers go out for happy hour?

Another problem is that unlike LA or San Francisco, a lot of San Diego well-off folks are married. I could be wrong, but I don't think San Diego is a destination folks flock to in hopes of "finding" their soulmate...if you get my drift. But keep looking, he's out there!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,241,214 times
This is a really interesting thread. At first glance I was taken back a bit by the title, but after reading some of the posts, certainly starts making sense. Personally, I havent clue about the dating scene and no interest per se having been with my wife since moving out here over 7 years ago (married for 5 of the years).

However, I have a good friend here that is an SD native and she had similar observations regarding the depth of the male pool once she hit work force and is in her career. She is great, never a problem meeting men, attractive and earns a very good salary in her career. Over the years I have known her, she dated some real 'winners' and not because her taste is bad, but she felt she had to open her mind up a bit because nothing was working so far.

Her challenge was that someone like her in her mid-late twenties, were somewhat mid career , making decent money but tended to be married or getting married or just not very nice. Or as mentioned above by Jaded, SD being a Navy town full of lots of immature college boys.

After years of dating she finally did one of those in depth online matching websites a while back. Later this year she is getting married to that guy.

Maybe its worth a shot at investing in and will make the search, less blind and somewhat more statistically accurate based on where the men will be and the kind you are looking for.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:44 PM

50,069 posts, read 46,633,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Job centers are in north county, that's where people with money work. They tend to play and live nearby. Encinitas, Del Mar,etc is the epicenter of mid-thirties yuppie surfer dudes. Gaslamp is for drunken servicemen, convention-goers, and tourists
Ding, agreed. Anyone still single I work with either hangs out in UTC and North or lives there too.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:15 PM

220 posts, read 989,077 times
Is the entire population of the USA
Only 25% of people (both men and women) make more than $66,532
Only 14.5% of men are over 6 ft tall
Only 3.9% are over 6'2.

I'm 5'10...6'2 in heels; and in the top 25%. If I was better at math I'd crunch some numbers and tell you how many men over 6'2 make more than 67k. But then I would be sad.

I'm not sure what's harder, finding a guy who's cool with me towering over him and making more than him, or finding a tall guy who makes >= me.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:01 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,464,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasycheeseburgers View Post

I'm not sure what's harder, finding a guy who's cool with me towering over him and making more than him, or finding a tall guy who makes >= me.

I bet the former is much easier to find, but it seems you're focused on the latter.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,241,214 times
Quote:
Only 3.9% are over 6'2.

I'm 5'10...6'2 in heels; and in the top 25%. If I was better at math I'd crunch some numbers and tell you how many men over 6'2 make more than 67k. But then I would be sad.

greasycheeseburgers,

Cough up the cash and do one of those online dating sites that have very advanced algorithms to do a compatibility match. It appears you already know what you want so just plug it in to the system.

You will save far more time and get much closer to your desired target than throwing darts blindly.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 PM

150 posts, read 250,411 times
Quote:
Only 3.9% are over 6'2.

I was just married a few years ago, so I guess I still have some insight on these single professional dating topics. First, shake the "I make more money than him" attitude, best if you down play it or don't make it an issue because it will definitely bug any guy, i.e., your interests appear to be elsewhere besides love and companionship. You goal is to just look for a guy who has career and financially stability, which is difficult to find but no doubt these guys are marriage ready.

I had an ex-gf who made more money than me and when she brought it up, it always felt she wanted to sword fight or show me she had bigger balls. My reaction was that I didn't want to come home to testoterone after a day of bull fighting at my job. Sorry, I wanted peace and comfort in my household.

Next, if you have an issue dating men shorter than you, then it's your problem. I know plenty of guy friends who are attracted to long legs, until she starts acting like an alpha female when we are out dating...

Finally, just start opening up a bit more during the DAY when see a guy in your age range that has no ring and appears to be gainfully employed. Turn off the "b*tch shield" and give him an extended glance and smile. Guys can tend to be dummies or lack courage in opening an impromptu conversation with a woman. But when they get an extended glance with smile, then tend to get the hint. May take a minute, but if you are still nearby I'm sure some will take bait. It will also help if you can help him move the conversation beyond his nervousness. In other words, don't be so quick to tube him before you know what his is all about.

Admittedly, guys need to practice these conversation and social skills to get over approach anxieties, which ironically communicates confidence that sparks a woman's attraction and interest. There are many single, decent, and financially stable guys out there that are driven and focused on their careers at the expenses of their social and relationship skills. These guys are marriage material but don't know how to crack the code on meeting women like bad boys, surfer dudes, rock stars, and pick up artists.

Hope that helps. Sorry about the frankness, and yes many will disagree with my 2 cents. But good luck anyways.

Last edited by cjawalt; 07-14-2011 at 01:21 PM..

Old 07-14-2011, 02:57 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,388,949 times
^^Nice. I actually think you've given some solid insight from a man's point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego