Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 07:01 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,339,445 times

Advertisements

like Hepburn and Tracey, but without the infidelity and alcoholism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 PM

135 posts, read 296,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
I really mean it. but by "hook up" I mean not a tour of skateboards and vomiting, but a proper date.
You are hilarious...will you chauffeur please?

Old 04-08-2012, 07:07 PM

dear lord, I think I would if you two actually agreed.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:15 PM

19 posts, read 56,779 times
can't help ya. i'm only into broke, married, gay men in their 60s.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,168 times
I find it odd that an attractive, independent young woman would be unable to find an average young professional man in SD. Perhaps they don't "really" know what they want? Or simply find the man in the right economic situations to be physically repulsive? There's plenty of well paying employers in SD, surely not all of their employees are married?

Most "above average looking" women just aim too high, and grossly overestimate their self worth, they don't want to hook up with the "average professional" they want a younger version of that guy's boss. As someone in the 1% I really do have to say that finding a suitable "mate" gets harder as you climb further up the ladder, a simple minded but attractive woman would simply not qualify to be my wife, why? because I cannot trust my assets with such a woman, nor can I count on her to help me professionally, nor even understand what I do and how I think. Wealthy men not chauvinists portrayed in the media, there are just simply too few women that can match their level of achievement and intellectual ability, and the few that do have egos as big if not bigger than their own. So in short, we the 1% often find our selves in a tricky situation where we're not willing to hook up with a "lower tier" of women and can't hook up with a "higher tier" of women, with nothing just in the right spot, not as glorious as some might think.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:13 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
^You guys should hook up. seriously.
No thanks. I've been around way too women like her who seem to think that, oh, if you're actually interested in having a beer with your friends while you go to the ballpark, you're not good enough.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
No thanks. I've been around way too women like her who seem to think that, oh, if you're actually interested in having a beer with your friends while you go to the ballpark, you're not good enough.
Darn, like I was actually seriously considering it - even given the drive. Altho it would have been sort of fun to swap stories with Clevelandgal, as she chaperons. lol. The issue is not having an occasional beer with friends at a ballpark. Obviously. If all a woman did for fun was watch reality shows, text, and shop, most men would find it unappealing, but there is nothing wrong with doing these things sometimes, so long as she has other interesting hobbies. It works both ways. It also is not a matter of "not being good enough," dating is matter of finding a good fit between two people. If a woman or man is not interested in a date it does not necessarily mean that the potential date isn't "good enough" for her/him. Don't over-personalize things that aren't personal.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:34 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,862 times
It IS personal on both sides. I am making a judgement about the woman and she's doing it to me. That's how it goes. I don't know how you can say it's not personal when it's all about you -- not your qualifications for a job, your work history, and so on like it is for job.

I don't know you, but it's safe to say that neither you nor I would enjoy spending any time with each other because of your views and mine being incompatible. Why waste time on that?

Old 04-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
It IS personal on both sides. I am making a judgement about the woman and she's doing it to me. That's how it goes. I don't know how you can say it's not personal when it's all about you -- not your qualifications for a job, your work history, and so on like it is for job.

I don't know you, but it's safe to say that neither you nor I would enjoy spending any time with each other because of your views and mine being incompatible. Why waste time on that?

Oh jeeze.....OBVIOUSLY Clevelandgal was kidding and trying to lighten the mood for those of us who actually have a sense of humor on here. I don't even live there anymore. Obviously you and I would not date nor be a match. Nor would I ever meet someone from a C-D forum for a date. That's a bit sketchy. When I said don't take things so personally I meant that not being someone's type does not make you "not good enough," as you said - it means you are not good match for them, like many women will not be a good match for you. It isn't a matter of not being "good enough." Sorry I added that extra boost of confidence to be positive in your favor. You still seem to want to argue. lol

Anyway, pressing forward....

Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM

get a room. JK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego