Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 07:30 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,934,003 times

Advertisements

I personally believe it was murder & not suicide. Heres a photo of rebecca m.nalepa. http://www.radaronline.com/sites/rad...a-Nalepa_0.jpg

Last edited by steel7; 08-26-2011 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 01:08 AM

182 posts, read 326,942 times
I'm in Colorado and I remember hearing about this story and thinking MURDER instantly and I can't believe how much this story has died in the media. They've got all kinds of stuff on this Utah woman that disappeared two years ago but nothing on this.

I think it's odd to begin with that the ex-wife AND the girlfriend were at home together when the boy fell down the stairs. Makes me wonder if some altercation happened that wasn't reported. I haven't read that she left a suicide note which you would think a woman would do if she felt grief stricken or responsible for the boys injury/death. It's completely bizarre to think if she was that she would get naked and then bind not only her wrists but also her ankles. If you want to kill yourself it seems like a lot of unnecessary steps and just very suspicious. It's not like there hasn't been plenty of rich and/or famous people that think they can get away with anything these days.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,267,643 times
It sounds to like the local police there are taking their orders directly from the boyfriends' PR firm, and the media are being complacent in letting them get away with it. So much for the Fourth Estate.

I do feel sorry for this poor woman, the cops bungled the investigation from the beginning, and disrespected her from the start by leaving her exposed on the lawn for the media to see for hours. Now they will not even attempt to see any kind of justice done for her. I don't know how the cops can sleep at night, they are almost accessories to the crime at this point. Hopefully, some writer will come along and pen a True Crime book and at least attempt to get to the bottom of this.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:04 PM

860 posts, read 2,707,163 times
Someone should write a book based upon the story with thinly disguised characters based upon a likely murder scenario. I did not know the ex wife was there too when the boy fell. that is really weird.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:21 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,934,003 times
Its duscusting how the coronado police handled this case but california has its share of corrupt police depts (fullerton, burbank, los angeles county, long beach & now coronado, ca).
How anyone can trust the police ill never understand + it looks like the billionaire tycoon boyfriend is absolutely calling the shots. PATHETIC !!!!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 PM

626 posts, read 970,288 times
The exwife was not there! The girlfriend and Jonah Shacknai's teenage daughter, from his first marriage, was there. His exwife, mother of the child who died accidently lives in the same neighborhood. Yes this was murder in my opinion. Nothing has come out of this from Law Enforcement. Seems like money is keeping this hushed up. The dead woman's relatives in Missouri are not being heard from either!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:14 PM

I think whoever did this to her left her nude to humiliate her.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:19 PM

The exwife also had anger issues. LE was called to their home 17 times during their marriage. It was her 6 yr. old son that died in this accident. The father had anger issues too so who know what happened to this young woman. Sad and sadder that the police are not doing anything as of yet.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:30 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,580,630 times
There is no way I will ever believe this is a suicide. No matter how much the people involved try to spin it, no one commits suicide this way.....I wonder if the sealed autopsy report revealed some kind of sedative or drug to get her up on that balcony in that manner.

But I doubt those people care what we think.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:56 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,352,701 times
One thing is for sure...even if this guy didn't have anything to do with it....people will always wonder.

There are strange things that happen in this world so you can't totally discount it wasn't suicide....doesn't seem logical to me but you never know.

Here is some more interesting information on this story link:

Celebgalz Com Jonah-shacknai-son-max-shacknai-girlfriend-rebecca-zahau-dead | The Game Bet - Sports News Portals (http://thegamebet.net/celebgalz.com/jonah-shacknai-son-max-shacknai-girlfriend-rebecca-zahau-dead/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego