Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:05 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Seen on skateboard near N Vulcan
Super White dude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 10:37 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
I've lived in Encinitas for about 27 years and have seen it change dramatically (as has all of SD area). I've never worried about fitting in. There are all kinds of people that live here, and not everybody is super wealthy either...in fact, most aren't. Target is always busy, J. Crew is not. Enjoy yourself here, it's probably one of the best places to live in SD (course I'm a bit bias).

Old 04-01-2015, 12:48 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,912,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I've lived in Encinitas for about 27 years and have seen it change dramatically (as has all of SD area). I've never worried about fitting in. There are all kinds of people that live here, and not everybody is super wealthy either...in fact, most aren't. Target is always busy, J. Crew is not. Enjoy yourself here, it's probably one of the best places to live in SD (course I'm a bit bias).
Yeah but this gets into the debate around beach vs non beach. Target, Walmart, Best Buy, all the shops and car dealerships and office complexes along El Camino Real is almost like suburbia compared to being near the beach and Vulcan. I dont even consider those the same place.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:04 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2000 View Post
Yeah but this gets into the debate around beach vs non beach. Target, Walmart, Best Buy, all the shops and car dealerships and office complexes along El Camino Real is almost like suburbia compared to being near the beach and Vulcan. I dont even consider those the same place.
True. Those areas are different worlds in some ways

Old 04-01-2015, 02:38 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
True. Those areas are different worlds in some ways
A nice trade off IMO. Either you are next to the beach and you have to deal with tourist and yuppie pricing....and shops or you stay a short distance away and you get the economic benefits of living in the burbs AND you get access to the beach when you FEEL like it.

If I was trapped around the beach area I would be grouchy having to deal with the people and high prices.

Someone should mention this when asking about moving to the area. Not one person on the forum brought this up and I think it is worth a discussion at least for people deciding to move here.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
A nice trade off IMO. Either you are next to the beach and you have to deal with tourist and yuppie pricing....and shops or you stay a short distance away and you get the economic benefits of living in the burbs AND you get access to the beach when you FEEL like it.

If I was trapped around the beach area I would be grouchy having to deal with the people and high prices.

Someone should mention this when asking about moving to the area. Not one person on the forum brought this up and I think it is worth a discussion at least for people deciding to move here.
I'm kind of in between (but closer to Vulcan than El Camino) so I only get the tourists when I travel down the hill and get the burbs when I'm at home.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
I'm kind of in between (but closer to Vulcan than El Camino) so I only get the tourists when I travel down the hill and get the burbs when I'm at home.
Isn't that pretty much the beach up and down the Coast? I'm surprised anyone is surprised

Old 04-01-2015, 03:55 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
Default along El Camino Real is almost like suburbia

lol, it's not almost like suburbia, it is suburbia. But without all those shops, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. in "new Encinitas" we would be without the things we need to carry out daily life. And as one gets older, married, have kids, etc. you will know what I'm talking about. There's a commercial on TV recently that shows a young couple going thru the stages of meeting, having a child, then two, urban living, to suburban living...it's cute and very true. So I live in "suburbia" and then travel the 2 miles or so to the beach and that has worked for me. Course when I moved to Encinitas there wasn't anything close to suburbia in existence back then. I wouldn't want to live in the middle of Old Encinitas beach town, (I'm old)...although I would love to live in Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard or Newport, RI

Old 04-01-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
lol, it's not almost like suburbia, it is suburbia. But without all those shops, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. in "new Encinitas" we would be without the things we need to carry out daily life. And as one gets older, married, have kids, etc. you will know what I'm talking about. There's a commercial on TV recently that shows a young couple going thru the stages of meeting, having a child, then two, urban living, to suburban living...it's cute and very true. So I live in "suburbia" and then travel the 2 miles or so to the beach and that has worked for me. Course when I moved to Encinitas there wasn't anything close to suburbia in existence back then. I wouldn't want to live in the middle of Old Encinitas beach town, (I'm old)...although I would love to live in Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard or Newport, RI
We did the same from PB when it was time for a family.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:50 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,853,343 times
When I was in my 20s, I lived in those converted garages and dingy apartments up and down the coast. In my 40s, I bought a house in Village Park to raise my kids. Wouldn't change a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego