Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM

52 posts, read 99,162 times

Advertisements

Any places to rent in San Diego County that are large-dog friendly for around a grand a month? And before someone says it... yes there are a lot of places to rent in SD county for that price. I have scoured the internet for years and have personally been out there many, many times (including spending a week there for my 40th birthay) so I know they are there and in decent neighborhoods as I have visited them personally. The last time I was out there was last Thanksgiving (2010) and I didnt have a dog then so I didnt factor that into my search. FYI... if your a hater and going to be negative... please dont reply. I'm just looking for tips on dog-friendly places to rent. He is a Doberman and I am a single male w/ no children in case its an issue. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM

45 posts, read 126,409 times
Not my area of expertise, but I know most downtown and central apartments that allow pets have size restrictions. 25 or 50 pounds maximum in my experience.

You might try areas like El Cajon and Santee which tends to (a) be less expensive and (b) larger properties, so might have some luck. Also worth checking out renting a small house in eastern part of county. Good luck!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,338,911 times
I am thinking if your current landlord-of you rent -could write or sign a letter you wrote that the dog is quiet and friendly would help...maybe the vet could do same. As a landlord myself I cringe thinking about the damage the toe nails would do on my hardwood floors and how the barking would make the neighbors complain and I would get fined (Dobies ARE protective and typically bark at everything...but luckily they stop once the "threat" passes).

I had relatives with a doberman and pit looking terrier mix find housing by posting a housing sought ad on Craigslist indicating they could verify stable income and good references. I am not going to lie though, they ended up in a MUCH less desirable neighborhood than they could have w/o dogs. But then when you have Dobie you don't worry as much about the neighborhood. You really did not mention areas you want to live, but maybe you could find a duplex in Golden Hill...or out to OB which is very dog friendly. Either way you might need to find a private landlord. Keep in mind landlords don't want to get sued if your dog bites, so they may make you take out an insurance policy. You could offer this up from the get go to try and sell your case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego