Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 12:27 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,824,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I was never miserable in San Diego, just saw the GOOD and BAD for what it is.......no need for me to gloss it over...................liberals would love me to though.

And I had property in San Diego......I am not rich but far from broke. Just the fact that I write so plainly and truthfully bothers liberals.

I have walked a LOT of San Diego........hands down the nicest part............AKA the parts that still resemble America are is North San Diego County. Many parts of the City Of San Diego are FILTHY.....want me to name them.............probably not.
So what do you mean in the highlighted portion of your statement?

What is your America suppose to look like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 12:33 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Ticky,

I agree with you but not just north county per se, but our whole back country.
I just spent the weekend driving the back country from Jamul to Alpine, Santa Ysabel then up to Temecula and it was gorgeous. Especially with the low clouds and occasional sprinkle of rain. Its radically different to what appeared like a rat race once I got into the city area. It was a clear reminder of how much space there is in the high desert area and moutains.
Probably the two biggest surprises for me were Jamul and Alpine. Some of the new estates there on the golf courses in Steele Canyon were insane as well as some of the palatial estates deeper in east El Cajon were unbelievable. Alpine appears to be moving from sleepy city to livable/commutable. If anyone is ever interested in SEEING San Diego county and places that dont ever get mentioned here, definitely fill up the tank and take a spin out there. Its pretty awesome.

But if you prefer isolation that northern half of the 79 going into Riverside behind Palomar thats the place for it. Gotta keep your eye out in those areas too. Tarantulas, scorpions and rattlers just to name a few.

I am sure if ticky made it out alive of San Diego with humans he may have some challenges out there with little poisonous creatures no bigger than a human hand. lol

ticky, just curious, are you trying to demonstrate your feelings with your use of caps and exclamation points? At least on my end, its pretty dramatic
I hope you had a fun trip. And on a side note I actually find Lemon Grove quite nice when you get away from certain areas.

I usually do the caps thing when someone misquotes me or tells downright lies.......I have to SCREAM. Other times I will do the caps because I want people to hear what I am saying........sorry about the poor manners.........I am not being a good little lady.

Spokane is very nice, lots of sun, slower pace and people driving will actually let you cross the street.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:42 PM

686 posts, read 1,137,538 times
My America and the future of America, where white people are not the majority, looks like where I am living now: Jackson Heights, Queens

Most diverse: Jackson Heights - This week in New York - Time Out New York

Old 09-06-2011, 07:11 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
My America and the future of America, where white people are not the majority, looks like where I am living now: Jackson Heights, Queens

Most diverse: Jackson Heights - This week in New York - Time Out New York
When I grew up, this was what larger parts of Manhattan were like. Mixed in culture in various pockets. Manhattan is a completely different place now. Not necessarily bad, but definitely different than in the 80s.
Real estate while traditionally high anyway there has exploded in the past few decades. Even the Bowery is a "place" for the hipsters to move to. Yikes!

Regardless, its a great place to have property passed down from generation to generation. The UWS was a great place to grow up.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM

686 posts, read 1,137,538 times
I do love the UWS; having access to the two parks is priceless. Jackson Heights feels like a real neighborhood with characters and people who recognize you. I'm not sure you could get that type of feeling in today's UWS. I was visiting a friend over the weekend at 187th and Fort Wash and that area felt more neighborhoody.

It's cool how NYC is constantly evolving and changing.

Thanks to you too.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,767,759 times
NYC is next on my checklist to visit.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:44 AM

53 posts, read 375,046 times
Default Fallbrook

Hey, that's my 350Z in the picture!

Old 09-17-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallbrook View Post
Hey, that's my 350Z in the picture!
Sorry about that, here is are a few pics of Downtown San Diego for comparison:

Old 09-17-2011, 03:33 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,981,130 times
Are they having a lot of problems with homless by the gaslamp?

Old 09-17-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Are they having a lot of problems with homless by the gaslamp?
In many areas it is like a scene from a Mad Max Movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego