Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:29 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Lots of memories! Mainly good, not PSA 182. I was a student at Mesa College that day and could see the smoke.

If you are over 50 you remember December 13, 1967. It snowed! I am not talking Alpine. I am talking...San Carlos, Clairemont, La Jolla, the entire City. Our teacher let us go outside and play in the snow. Several inches fell. Only time in my life it snowed in central San Diego.
That's Cool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,744,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Lots of memories! Mainly good, not PSA 182. I was a student at Mesa College that day and could see the smoke.

If you are over 50 you remember December 13, 1967. It snowed! I am not talking Alpine. I am talking...San Carlos, Clairemont, La Jolla, the entire City. Our teacher let us go outside and play in the snow. Several inches fell. Only time in my life it snowed in central San Diego.
Someone posted this a while back.

//www.city-data.com/forum/18020360-post6.html

Old 03-12-2013, 11:42 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,738 times
Smile Thanks for posting that!

Thanks for the link! I was 7 years old when it snowed and it was a huge deal! None of us had ever seen snow actually falling. Except maybe a weekend trip to Julian or Laguna and that was always after the snow had fallen. But never in our neighborhoods. Now 46 years later I realize I may never see snow in central San Diego again. What an amazing experience it was!

Old 11-06-2014, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,724 times
Thumbs up Your a San Diego Native

Remember Shotgun Tom Kelly on B100
You still say "Jack Murphy" stadium...and know who "Jack Murphy" is.
KGB had the "chicken", "Jim McInnis" and "John Leslie". Once a week I would tune in to the "Homegrown Hour" hosted by Jim McInnis.
Tower Records was the place to go to buy your LP's. Or "Off the Record" for hard to find LP's.
Back to school clothes had to include "Dittos". Bought mine at TG & Y.
Beau Gentry's was the place to go for a waterbed.
For those who lived in North County...after graduation you put in applications at "Sonys", "NCR" & [LEFT][FONT=arial][/FONT][/LEFT]"Hewlett-Packard".
Went to Shakeys for pizza parties.
You know what the "zoo" or "pig trough" is at Farrel's.
You remember the "Chargers" 12 days of christmas song? Anyone remember all the words to it, or at least some?
The only reason you were in downtown (gaslamp) after dark was to eat at the spaghetti factory.
You could catch live music (local bands) at one of the many bars scattered around the county (before the gaslamp district became what it is today). The Baccahnal, Mony Mony's, Park Place, Blind Melons, Jose Murphys, Del Mar and PB cafes, Winstons, Tio Leo's, spirit club.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:07 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
You could also listen to bands and dance at the Halcyon; sit in the old wood booths & get cheap pitchers of beer at Foggy's Notion; go to the KGB Sky Show at Jack Murphy Stadium; go to the same place & pay $2 for nosebleed seats for Padre games & bring in your own refreshments...whatever kind you wanted ;see your friends get married at Cafe del Rey Morro in Balboa Park; sit on the sunny patio at Casa de Pico in Old Towne & drink margaritas; if someone had money, go have a really great dinner at Mr. A's; if broke, drive thru Picnic N Chicken; shoot pool all day at Bollweevil; watch "Corpsegrinders" & other similar works of art at the Ace Drive-In in Lemon Grove.

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 11-07-2014 at 04:35 AM..

Old 11-07-2014, 03:46 PM

567 posts, read 787,644 times
Does anyone ever confuse smog with the marine layer? Seriously???

Old 11-07-2014, 09:08 PM

38 posts, read 56,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaMom View Post
That two are completely different, I would be surprised if anyone ever did.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:49 AM

300 posts, read 329,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeUSA View Post
That two are completely different, I would be surprised if anyone ever did.
I'm not surprised by anything, any more.....

Old 04-20-2015, 09:44 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaMom View Post
I didn't know anyone did until I saw it on here.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:37 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,076,536 times
Default You Know You're From San Diego When...

You know you're from San Diego when...you can't live more than a mile from the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego