Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times

Advertisements

So here is my question. as a transplant I watched over and over how a field goal seemed to satisfy the coach. i asked myself am I missing something? Never watched a Charger's game and now i've seen a few. same story. Why do they lack that punch to get into the end zone?

people say that is what they do. drive down and kick a field goal. wtf?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 09:11 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,826,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
So here is my question. as a transplant I watched over and over how a field goal seemed to satisfy the coach. i asked myself am I missing something? Never watched a Charger's game and now i've seen a few. same story. Why do they lack that punch to get into the end zone?

people say that is what they do. drive down and kick a field goal. wtf?
Sorry, I have never been a Norv fan! NEW COACH - just sayin!!!!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Sorry to disappoint,but that's charger football.
Soft,unimaginative,poor ownership,underachieving are always will be the chargers labels.
That's one the Big reason why they're so many homegrown raiders fans here!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,174,224 times
You can tell when he's satisfied? How? The guy has one facial expression. You know, the one where he looks like he just ate a bad egg salad sandwich........

Mike

Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
laughing..........one expression. ouch~!

Old 12-05-2011, 11:41 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
2-1
1-1
0-1
none
this year? Not even a thought

Ba bye Norf Turnover

Old 12-05-2011, 12:02 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,862 times
How about this? They're just not as good as we thought they were.

It's kind of funny. This is the year he'll get fired, but this is also the year where much of it isn't his fault. The fumbled snap against the Chiefs when the Chargers were in perfect position to kick a game winning field goal. The two pick sixes that Rivers threw against the Packers. Jackson not turning around to look for the ball for a go ahead touchdown. Rivers trying to throw the ball away against the Bears and gift wrapping an interception.

These are things that Turner shouldn't have to say anything about. Seriously, the center quarterback exchange is something that shouldn't be screwed up at any level beyond Pop Warner. Did he need to tell Rivers, hey, those are the world champs over on the other side, and they're undefeated. Let's not give them 14 points, okay?

Remember when Denny Green did his rant about how "the Bears are who we thought they were?"

The rant for Chargers fans this year should be "they are not who we thought they were. The Chargers are not who we thought they were!"

They are not a good team. There are needs to address on the o-line, at tight end (I think Gates is finished) and on the d-line.

A team that's an elite team isn't one that has so many needs to fill. They're just not that good.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:47 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,826,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
How about this? They're just not as good as we thought they were.

It's kind of funny. This is the year he'll get fired, but this is also the year where much of it isn't his fault. The fumbled snap against the Chiefs when the Chargers were in perfect position to kick a game winning field goal. The two pick sixes that Rivers threw against the Packers. Jackson not turning around to look for the ball for a go ahead touchdown. Rivers trying to throw the ball away against the Bears and gift wrapping an interception.

These are things that Turner shouldn't have to say anything about. Seriously, the center quarterback exchange is something that shouldn't be screwed up at any level beyond Pop Warner. Did he need to tell Rivers, hey, those are the world champs over on the other side, and they're undefeated. Let's not give them 14 points, okay?

Remember when Denny Green did his rant about how "the Bears are who we thought they were?"

The rant for Chargers fans this year should be "they are not who we thought they were. The Chargers are not who we thought they were!"

They are not a good team. There are needs to address on the o-line, at tight end (I think Gates is finished) and on the d-line.

A team that's an elite team isn't one that has so many needs to fill. They're just not that good.
And filling those needs falls to the coaches and owners! Can't fire the owner, but .........

Old 12-05-2011, 01:00 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
And filling those needs falls to the coaches and owners! Can't fire the owner, but .........
Can't fire him, but we sure as hell don't need to build him a billion dollar stadium with our tax money!

Old 12-05-2011, 02:53 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
One thing to also to note is,
The chargers are not as tough as they were under Marty Schottenheimer.
As Raiders fans we all cheered when AJ smith fired Marty.
We figured it wouldn't to much longer before we started beating you guys again.

Bill Cowher is a good candidate and a good hire for the chargers.
I wouldn't give bill Cowher total control of the team,like he's asking for though.

If Norv goes you guys have to fire AJ smith too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego