Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2007, 06:58 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times

Advertisements

From the postings here, Cardiff seems a more affluent area of Encinitas. Does anyone have some demographics? Is Cardiff family friendly or oriented for young children? Are any neighborhoods in the larger Cardiff-Encinitas-Leucadia area less family oriented, etc? We are looking for a long-term rental (~$2500 / month ) for the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 10:11 AM

490 posts, read 1,555,827 times
Both those areas are fine for families. . . pretty affluent, nice schools. Enjoy

Old 09-02-2007, 12:36 PM

How about west of I5 and/or Coastal Highway 101 from Cardiff-Encinitas-Leucadia ? Are these areas family-friendly or are they primarily beach communities ?

Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 AM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
How about west of I5 and/or Coastal Highway 101 from Cardiff-Encinitas-Leucadia ? Are these areas family-friendly or are they primarily beach communities ?
Anything west of 5 is beach community. North county coastal is pretty family friendly over all.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:59 AM

961 posts, read 2,566,461 times
I am reviving this old thread because the OP asked the questions I would like answers to. We are looking in the Encinitas/Leucadia/Cardiff area as well.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:55 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,853,343 times
I would say the most family friendly area of Encinitas is Village Park (basically east of El Camino Real, straddling Encinitas Blvd.) There are green belts, walking paths, schools, shopping, etc. The beach areas tend to be more crammed together, narrow streets, many without sidewalks, not so family friendly.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 PM

961 posts, read 2,566,461 times
How about the Glen Ardor Drive area? We drove through there and really liked the greenbelt divider with the pools and play structures. I wonder what the HOA cost is in that neighborhood. We also liked the gated community on Flair Encinitas.

Can anyone comment on the elementary schools in Encinitas? Thanks in advance!

Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 PM

We thought the Capri was good and diverse in Leucadia, Encinitas. Heard good things enough reg. Eckes. Flora Vista has high scores, but likely very white. Ocean Knoll is more of a red flag. The ones in Cardiff are very good, again less diverse, more affluent.

Though I'm the OP, didn't end up moving there, but happy where we are now , but somethings think about Encinitas, but like to visit there, but again happy where I ended up.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:21 AM

132 posts, read 627,928 times
Encinitas is a great place. I grew up there and wouldn't live anywhere else. I grew up in Leucadia. All areas of Encinitas have families (and as such, it is family focused), but these areas are quite different.

I like Leucadia because it has a lot of trees, it's a little off the radar and it's kinda "old school." Really beautiful trees, gardens and it's close to the beach. It was formerly an avocado farm, so you can even get free avos and your house will likely have an avocado tree! Some negatives are that it is somewhat "downscale", although mainly on vulcan ave/101, but go inland and it's great. Housing ranges from rundown apartments to beautiful, custom homes with great views and everything in between. Someone mentioned that there's no sidewalks and this is true! But I like it this way and unless you have to walk on vulcan, it's not that big of an issue.

Cardiff is great, but the lots are smaller (views are better though!). I really like Olivenhain. It is the most upscale of Encinitas areas and it is semi-rural with horses, large lots and houses that range from huge to small.

In between are more tract homes that are somewhat bland, but there are sidewalks and parks and it appears that somebody thought it out (compared to Leucadia). Village Park is somewhat cheaper and there is a lot of fields, mature trees, community pools and tennis courts!

Encinitas is great. PM me if you have any more questions.

The best way to decide which one is the best for you is to go for a drive through the different communities. If you drive through Leucadia on Vulcan or 101, you'll think it's pretty downscale...so be sure to go where the houses are just inland from Vulcan. You can walk to the beach, bigger lots, cool homes, neat shops and places to eat and it doesn't feel like like it's "tract sprawl." But if "prestige" or an obviously upscale place is what you're looking for...Leucadia probably isn't the place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: