Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,024,830 times

Advertisements

Yes, Bonita, Eastlake, Chula Vista, Imperial Beach, and San Ysidro will be in your timeframe.

Bonita and Eastlake are upscale and nice areas.

Chula Vista is hit and miss. Chula Vista east of 805 (Eastlake, Otay Ranch, Rolling Hills) is nice. West of 805 is not as good.

Imperial Beach is also hit and miss, some nice areas, some not so nice. It is kind of an old burnout hippie community and can be fun at times with a few good bars and restaurants.

San Ysidro is not good. You will be living in the same neighborhood as your prospective patients.

I think Bonita or Eastlake will be a good fit for you. Bonita has a little more of a rural feel with horse trails and low density traffic. Bonita generally rolls up the sidewalks and closes its doors around 9:30pm There is one grocery store and a few convenience stores. There is no big box type of retail though. But luckily it is a quick drive to Eastlake which does have much more infrastructure.

Eastlake is a high density living area with shopping, dining, and limited nightlife. There is a lot more opportunity to rent a single apartment in Eastlake as opposed to Bonita.

Both are nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 PM

48 posts, read 123,289 times
Default Thanks

Appreciate your info Echo. Eastlake seems like a good place for me. I will have a car so driving isn't a problem.

I've heard alot about Imperial Beach. If I were to find someplace there, would it be a cool place to live or is it risky? Will be driving down from Sacramento to check out soon.

Thanks again.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,482,076 times
I live in Otay Mesa which is also called Palm City. The zip code is 92154. It is nice a nice climate up on a hill, and very close to the border, 5 miles away.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:01 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,024,830 times
Imperial Beach. Hmmm...I would look into it before you make a leap. You will be able to find cheap beach living in IB. This is the only place in San Diego County where you can find reasonable rent within a few blocks or less from the beach. Take your time looking and investigate. I work in IB and many of the people I work with live in IB with no problems.

Most crimes in IB are "crimes of opportunity", meaning that if you leave your bicycle unlocked it will be stolen. If you leave your car windows down, it will be burglarized. If you go looking for trouble in IB you will be able to find it.

But many people live there (IB) without a problem. There are lots of cool places on Seacoast Blvd, south of Imperial Beach Blvd. This is not a place that you will find chain restaurants and retail stores. You will find small neighborhood bars and restaurants. It is not as picturesque as La Jolla but it is the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego