Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 03:58 PM

46 posts, read 215,168 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good handyman in North County? I need a Childlife swing set refinished and repainted.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,123,289 times
As seen on TV:

Nevin Handyman Services - Honest & reliable craftsman for Big & Small Home & Yard Projects in San Diego

I had these guys install a ceiling fan in a vaulted ceiling, repair a lot of drywall issues, install a toilet, and a few other misc items. They were quick to respond to all communication (which is a surprisingly rare trait in handymen around here, at least is my experience), professional, honest, on-time, and fairly priced. I plan on having them back to do some other jobs in the spring.

Which reminds me, I'm overdue to write them a review on yelp.com. You think seeing that Vistaprint commercial daily would remind me.......

Mike

Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM

46 posts, read 215,168 times
Thank you Mike. I appreciate the recommendation and will call them.

Anita

Old 02-05-2012, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,395 times
You might also want to call Saddleback Carpentry - personal friend of mine that I have worked with on several projects around my house.
Saddleback Carpentry | Valley Center, CA 92082

Old 11-08-2013, 12:51 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,441,634 times
Hey my CD'er friends. I need a door and security door installed in my home. Can anyone recommend a good handyman to do some work and is willing to come out to Lakeside?

One I idea I had was to just go to Home Depot or Lowes to see if there are any contractor or handy man vehicles parked outside there with phone numbers on the door.

I don't want to just use Google because I feel like those that advertise well on line charge big bucks.

Any recommendations THAT ARENT JUST GOOGLED are appreciated.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:28 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,533,883 times
I used a guy named Jon Erb to do some carpentry work around my house. He did a fantastic job. High quality work at very reasonable prices.

Check out his reviews on Yelp:
Erbhandyman Service - Point Loma - San Diego, CA

Old 11-09-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I used a guy named Jon Erb to do some carpentry work around my house. He did a fantastic job. High quality work at very reasonable prices.

Check out his reviews on Yelp:
Erbhandyman Service - Point Loma - San Diego, CA
Thanks! You are a well respected contributor on the forum so I will give this guy a call.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:11 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,966,587 times
You might want to try doing it yourself. I just installed a wall mount for my TV. Hiring a handyman to do that can run you a couple hundred bucks. Know what was involved? Using a stud finder to put four screws into the wall studs, using four screws to attach the mounting arms to the TV, lifting the TV onto the wall mount, and then tightening two safety screws to make sure it stayed in place.

It took a half hour. And I kept $200 in my pocket.

Putting a door in would be the same.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
You might want to try doing it yourself. I just installed a wall mount for my TV. Hiring a handyman to do that can run you a couple hundred bucks. Know what was involved? Using a stud finder to put four screws into the wall studs, using four screws to attach the mounting arms to the TV, lifting the TV onto the wall mount, and then tightening two safety screws to make sure it stayed in place.

It took a half hour. And I kept $200 in my pocket.

Putting a door in would be the same.
Thanks TonySD, I can install TV wall mounts on my own easy. I installed a swivel arm for my 42 inch LG TV easy no problem. This involves an entry door into my home and a steel frame and might involve some welding because of the steel security door, this is out of my league amigo.

Last edited by malcorub16; 11-10-2013 at 12:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego