Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 11:45 AM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,076,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM-SHADOW View Post
Huh?

Maybe the dating scene is terrible for you as a single woman to live & work in the EC. But not me; since, I'm a single professional male, who happens to live & work in NYC. Sorry, but I TRULY LOVE the dating scene here b/c I'm able to meet women in various professional fields to be very unique. They have a lot of depth & wisdom in their character. Which I like. Yes, they too ask me about my profession & have I traveled across the globe to seek culture & wisdom.

Mind you that I too travel in my profession around the world. As well, I'm able to interact with professional women abroad. Yes I experienced & encountered intimate relationships with them. What a cultural experience!

Sorry again, but I don't look for women at Wal-Mart. Negative, but you can find attractive women at any airport throughout the globe. I have been to almost all of them b/c of my profession & leisure.

Have you read my prior comments on this CD thread? Why most Italian professional women leave the Southern & Island regions? They decide to settle in Italian cities like Milan (the economic capital) or Rome (the political capital) b/c both cities provide career field opportunities for them.

Why am I mad about the WC women not to find me interesting? Been through that flaky game & I could careless. If they don't have an interest in me. The WC women want to find something different than me? Maybe I don't put up with their BS. Better yet, you're probably correct that I don't live up to their expectations to be a logical gentleman. Physical attractive women to seek physical attractive men? Well duh! It is part of the game to search for the right one, with that & brains too. LOL! Most surfers can find a date, if I have not noticed? Okay, different strokes for different folks. You don't think that the male surfers are not dumb to analyze which babe is a gold digger or not.
just ignore her. she's mad that the dudes her age (early 40s) are too busy trying to chase the 20 something year olds. lolz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
Biology....women age faster....lol keep dreaming and complaining about the bad dating scene lol!!
^you are having a much more difficult time than I do. I have girls noticing me all the time but I am not into the type of girls that predominate here in the part of the Bay Area that I live in.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Well I guess you don't have any other options, but you to put up with this flaky & shallow Pacific Coast cultural utopia. FYI, SF is approx. 3/4 cold & cloudy throughout the season. Unless you live in OAK or SJ to have approx. 3 seasons: autumn, spring, & summer. Trust me, I lived in the SFBA from 1998 to 2003 period. If this is what you like then fine. Different strokes for different folks!

There is a quote about the EC vs. WC cultures:

"The West Coast is wonderful, except for the people & the East Coast is horrible, except for the people"

Choose your poison?

I'll tolerate the 4 seasons, but I enjoy the EC people.
i more so want to go to Texas to live there. for dating, it's whatever. i am not into american women that much anyway as I find american women to be too masculine for my taste usually or too many are tainted beyond the point of repair.

as i said, I don't want to live in another liberal state. california has exhausted me in that.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:34 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,323,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
^you are having a much more difficult time than I do. I have girls noticing me all the time but I am not into the type of girls that predominate here in the part of the Bay Area that I live in.
I'm not having a hard time, nor complaining too much about groups of millions of people in any specific area

whatever problems I have dating are somewhat related to age/culture but mostly related to me...as it is with everyone.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Huh?

Maybe the dating scene is terrible for you as a single woman to live & work in the EC. But not me; since, I'm a single professional male, who happens to live & work in NYC. Sorry, but I TRULY LOVE the dating scene here b/c I'm able to meet women in various professional fields to be very unique. They have a lot of depth & wisdom in their character. Which I like. Yes, they too ask me about my profession & have I traveled across the globe to seek culture & wisdom.

Mind you that I too travel in my profession around the world. As well, I'm able to interact with professional women abroad. Yes I experienced & encountered intimate relationships with them. What a cultural experience!

Sorry again, but I don't look for women at Wal-Mart. Negative, but you can find attractive women at any airport throughout the globe. I have been to almost all of them b/c of my profession & leisure.

Have you read my prior comments on this CD thread? Why most Italian professional women leave the Southern & Island regions? They decide to settle in Italian cities like Milan (the economic capital) or Rome (the political capital) b/c both cities provide career field opportunities for them.

Why am I mad about the WC women not to find me interesting? Been through that flaky game & I could careless. If they don't have an interest in me. The WC women want to find something different than me? Maybe I don't put up with their BS. Better yet, you're probably correct that I don't live up to their expectations to be a logical gentleman. Physical attractive women to seek physical attractive men? Well duh! It is part of the game to search for the right one, with that & brains too. LOL! Most surfers can find a date, if I have not noticed? Okay, different strokes for different folks. You don't think that the male surfers are not dumb to analyze which babe is a gold digger or not.
I said the dating scene is bad for single women on the East Coast due to the demographics -- its great for men.

I'm not mad lol. There are irrational behaviors of both sexes, but its irrational to generalize so much (and unhealthy) about entire groups of people.

It's fair to say -- hmmm there are about 1.5 more million men in SD than Women (I don't know the number, this is hypothetical) the dating scene might suck for men compared to women RELATIVE to a a place like the East Coast cities where there is an opposite demographic.

That is numbers...supply and demand and behaviors and cultures arise because of it.

But to generalize down to how confident a woman is based on 20 million people is ludicrous.

These are very broad generalizations and if you have trouble finding compatible partners in cities the size of San Diego or Boston you will have trouble anyplace. Or you are looking at the wrong people (yes, if a 40 year old man expects a 20 year old to be interested he will be complaining a lot, if a fat man wants a slender woman, he'll be complaining a lot that women don't like nice guys lol)

Old 08-22-2014, 01:20 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,408,731 times
"These are very broad generalizations and if you have trouble finding compatible partners in cities the size of San Diego or Boston you will have trouble anyplace. Or you are looking at the wrong people (yes, if a 40 year old man expects a 20 year old to be interested he will be complaining a lot, if a fat man wants a slender woman, he'll be complaining a lot that women don't like nice guys lol)"

Very well stated.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:23 PM

352 posts, read 323,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with bros, the excess males probably come from the huge influx of mostly male Mexicans trying to get a foothold in this country.
This is in no way true.
I'll agree with the first response to this post...

It has everything to do with the "bro" types as well as the military guys who think that they own the city despite not even knowing how to drive properly on a freeway. I used to live in Pacific Beach and had a good friend who was a bouncer at Typhoon Saloon when it was still the hip place to go. That bar would have plenty of attractive women in it, but the place would be so overwhelmed with those dime a dozen bro types that it was near impossible to actually approach a girl because she'd have bro after bro trying to impress her with his Ed Hardy t-shirt and trucker hat.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
This is in no way true.
I'll agree with the first response to this post...

It has everything to do with the "bro" types as well as the military guys who think that they own the city despite not even knowing how to drive properly on a freeway. I used to live in Pacific Beach and had a good friend who was a bouncer at Typhoon Saloon when it was still the hip place to go. That bar would have plenty of attractive women in it, but the place would be so overwhelmed with those dime a dozen bro types that it was near impossible to actually approach a girl because she'd have bro after bro trying to impress her with his Ed Hardy t-shirt and trucker hat.
any girl impressed by that is under 23 and she wouldn't be interested in you (generic you, supposedly nice mature guy/man over 25) anyway.

The girls hanging out in PB are hanging out in PB to meet young men at their similar maturity level. If that's not your level look for someone more suitable to your level. Try another part of town or age...

Old 08-22-2014, 03:04 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,089,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
thanks what about places to look for apt there?
One option is anywhere from San Clemente up to Dana Point, but even though San Clemente is a hike from many things, it is awesome. You can get to activities on the weekends.

It's a great place. A bit like Carlsbad but I think better.

Another option is Costa Mesa, but that's spotty, but gets you close to Irvine and Newport. I'd go with SC.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:19 PM

I can afford Irvine if that's why you recommend Costa Mesa. I'm looking at apts right now...everything from North Park in SD to Irvine... I do like certain things about OC. IT's a tough decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego