Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:24 AM

5 posts, read 46,878 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, My name is Antonio and my girlfriend and I, along with our little girl has decide to move to San Diego from Snottsdale Arizona ( Scottsdale). We decide on Imperial Beach because it was affordable and quite. We never been to Imperial Beach but will visit a few months before we move to Cali. I was on www.Ask.com and typed in Imperial Beach. I gave me a lot of info, more than i expected. The main thing that bot herd me the most was the part about all the pollution that is coming from the Tijuana river. If there is anyone who is familiar with the area PLEASE let me know all the details about Imperial Beach even if you have just passed through. I would like to hear everyone opinion. Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 10:27 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,470,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstup220 View Post
Hi everyone, My name is Antonio and my girlfriend and I, along with our little girl has decide to move to San Diego from Snottsdale Arizona ( Scottsdale). We decide on Imperial Beach because it was affordable and quite. We never been to Imperial Beach but will visit a few months before we move to Cali. I was on www.Ask.com and typed in Imperial Beach. I gave me a lot of info, more than i expected. The main thing that bot herd me the most was the part about all the pollution that is coming from the Tijuana river. If there is anyone who is familiar with the area PLEASE let me know all the details about Imperial Beach even if you have just passed through. I would like to hear everyone opinion. Thank you very much
IB is funky, somewhat rundown, still has the old-school beach vibe (not blown out with condos yet). Lots of bikers, tweakers, and old school diehard surfers. A bit more crime and graffiti than I'd prefer (and I live in an area with plenty of both) but there are nice neighborhoods over there and plenty of cool things to do.

Not sure why you chose IB sight unseen like this, it is typically low on most people's list when moving to SD.

Last edited by NYSD1995; 09-14-2007 at 11:04 AM..

Old 09-14-2007, 12:29 PM

840 posts, read 6,514,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
IB is funky, somewhat rundown, still has the old-school beach vibe (not blown out with condos yet). Lots of bikers, tweakers, and old school diehard surfers. A bit more crime and graffiti than I'd prefer (and I live in an area with plenty of both) but there are nice neighborhoods over there and plenty of cool things to do.

Not sure why you chose IB sight unseen like this, it is typically low on most people's list when moving to SD.
Kind of like the Venice Beach of San Diego?

Old 09-14-2007, 03:12 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,573,978 times
I would have to agree with both Sasberto and Imperial1904.I have a friend whos dad is always promoting drugs to everyone and stay "peaceful".Her daughter's favorite line is "Surg everyday brah".It is a little bit like Venice Beach but not that many people have a reason to be down there.It's really small 26,992 people,nothing down there it is pretty much all housing,dirty and I mean dirty beach.The water used to be contaminated about 230 days a year now about 150 I'm guessing.Sasberto said"low on most people's list when moving to SD"Yeah no one really wants to move there.Plus if your in your young 20's you want to live in a city with more life.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1904 View Post
Kind of like the Venice Beach of San Diego?
OB is more like Venice. OB has the tourists, it's lively. IB is it's own kind of place... reminds me of the Rockaways in NYC.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:16 PM

Wow. ok thanks to everyone i think i will just go to PB

Old 09-14-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
You sure you want to live in PB with your little girl? Do you need to live at the beach?

Old 09-14-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you'll hear from someone who really has it out for PB.

PB is a party zone. We all saw what can happen when you mix a Summer holiday with drunks and several hundred thousand people.

There are other beach communities that are better but you'll pay more.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:54 PM

i like La Jolla but a little $$$. How far is Oceanside from downtown SD? and is that a cool place to have my lil girl?????

Old 09-14-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
i like La Jolla but a little $$$. How far is Oceanside from downtown SD? and is that a cool place to have my lil girl?????
Oceanside is nice, but it also has it's problems, one of their biggest problems is gangs. There are very nice areas there. It's a hell of a commute though as it's about 40 miles to Downtown San Diego. Expect around 45 minutes to an hour drive. That wouldn't count the traffic on city streets and traffic on the 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego