Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 03:56 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,575,819 times

Advertisements

Today at work I found out some information that is both helpful and simi-shocking.We had AAA at Sea World SD to talk about auto crimes.As many of you know or don't know San Diego's auto crime rate is two times higher the National average.(Both stated on Wikipedia and the information in front of me)The 10 worst cities/areas with auto crimes in 2006 were;LasVegas,DC,Miami,PHX,SD,Minneapolis,Philadelphia,Bay Area,Houston,LA;in that order.

During the presentation AAA stated that 1997-2002 the auto crime rate in SD was one of the highest nationwide, like I said before.From 2002-2005 the numbers have went down.As of 2006 the numbers are nearly at the numbers they where back around '97-'02.Areas in San Diego like the border,Mission Valley,Sea World,CV trolley stations,and some malls are seeing an increase in there numbers.But places where tourist reside like the beach areas,DTWN,Coronado,and Balboa Park are having greater numbers.

So here is some of that helpful info I told you about
AAA:-Park in well lit area's at night.
-Don't park in shady areas.
-Always use anti-theft devices when possible.
-Park around other cars when in massive parking lots.
-Always lock doors and windows.ALWAYS
-Hide all treasured items in the trunk.Even under the seat is not a good place.
-Never leave your keys in the car,take them everywhere you go.

My helpful info
-When parking in lots with not that many cars,park farther away from the driveways.
-Invest in lo-jack;clubs don't always work(Car stolen in 2005 with club on it)
-Do not leave in-car dome light on when parked.
-Cameras are not full proof.Stations like E,Palomar and H still have cars stolen daily even with cameras.
-Do not park on the higher levels of garages.
-Last but not least "USE COMMON SENSE!!!"

Finally AAA told us there are some places you should have great concern about parking your car in San Diego County.
-Mission Valley/MV Mall
-East county triangle(La Mesa,El Cajon,Lemon Grove)
-San Ysidro border crossing
-Sea World SD(I have seen people break into and steal cars there)
-The Beach Areas;MB,PB,OB
-DTWN(Especially Seaport Village and N.Harbor Dr.)
-SDSU
-CV trolley stations.(Like I said earlier have cameras but still high theft rate)
-And the UTC mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego