Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 03:00 PM

14,203 posts, read 11,465,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
I grew up in southern OC as close to the coast as Sad Diego and hated it. The weather had so little variation it drove me crazy. Couldn't wait to get out. Years later whenever I'd go down to visit relatives the monotonously mild weather reminded me why I left. No one could pay me enough to move back there.
With all the actual problems San Diego and OC have, it's funny to hear someone say that what drove them away was the mild weather. Was that really the reason you left, to get away from mild weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 03:25 PM

9,808 posts, read 11,060,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
I grew up in southern OC as close to the coast as Sad Diego and hated it. The weather had so little variation it drove me crazy. Couldn't wait to get out. Years later whenever I'd go down to visit relatives the monotonously mild weather reminded me why I left. No one could pay me enough to move back there.
The mild weather is precisely why many of us like it here; it is a huge consideration in choosing a place to live. It's 68 here now, foggy, and life is good. Convertible weather.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:26 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,860,124 times
Santa Barbara has the best weather on earth but it is hard to buy a nice house for less than 3 mil.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:45 AM

771 posts, read 829,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Santa Barbara has the best weather on earth but it is hard to buy a nice house for less than 3 mil.
I'm not sure I'd pick San Diego's weather over SB. And SB is quite small (can get boring) and IMO feels noticeably more hoity-toity than most parts of SD.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:51 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,539,733 times
I'd pick San Diego just east of I-5 when the weather is normal, much like what we have today. Unfortunately recent years have seen numerous high records fall with persistent periods of warm nights, where it used to not be a big thing being without A/C. If this climate change continues within a few decades the weather will be preferable north of Southern California.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:00 AM

3,431 posts, read 5,208,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benshaton View Post
I'd pick San Diego just east of I-5 when the weather is normal, much like what we have today. Unfortunately recent years have seen numerous high records fall with persistent periods of warm nights, where it used to not be a big thing being without A/C. If this climate change continues within a few decades the weather will be preferable north of Southern California.
And I've noticed frequent heat records in recent years as well. I will say that even though we moved farther Inland than we were before, I really prefer it because we have lower humidity and, as a result, cooler nights than closer to the coast. I don't even mind the warmer afternoons, because with the drier air, you don't sweat like you do even in cooler weather closer to the water. The trick is not to move so far inland that it's a chore to get into town.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:30 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benshaton View Post
Been here 30 years near Bay Park/PB/Clairemont and used our AC maybe 12 times. The marine layer does seem to get thicker each summer though.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:06 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,693,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Been here 30 years near Bay Park/PB/Clairemont and used our AC maybe 12 times. The marine layer does seem to get thicker each summer though.
Where were you the last two summers? The marine layer was non-existent. This summer has seen more clouds in the morning than usual, but the sun always comes out. It's been cooler than average in the inland areas for the past week, which has been nice. Today was perfect with temps in the low to mid-80s.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:31 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Where were you the last two summers? The marine layer was non-existent. This summer has seen more clouds in the morning than usual, but the sun always comes out. It's been cooler than average in the inland areas for the past week, which has been nice. Today was perfect with temps in the low to mid-80s.
I like to ride the beach but with that drizzly mess it's not fun. I like how it is right now but without the constant wind. Same on the water.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:10 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,545,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I keep waiting for the monsoonal stuff to come through Arizona. Fingers crossed; this has been a great August so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego