Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:58 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,772,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETADRAFT View Post
People i know here think I would be insane to leave a 115k a year job to go west with no job in place. Furthermore they think i'm crazy for even thinking of CA in general. From here it is perceived that there are no jobs and no chance out there. And that has been just enough for me to never try.
Leave a 115K job?? Yup, that would be crazy. Also, many people who come here, often realize where they came from wasn't that bad after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 06:10 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,811,495 times
If you are going to be working mostly in OC, then you should live there...seriously it's a good hour one way from Encinitas to Irvine without much traffic. Why do employers pull these bait and switch deals....

Old 12-19-2012, 01:01 AM

8 posts, read 12,658 times
ETADRAFT: I know this thread is few months old but I had to comment. I'm so excited for you (OP). Your story reminded me of myself, 2 years ago, when I decided I couldn't stand living in NYC anymore and wanted to get out. It was really a bad time, people were getting laid off, couldn't find a job, etc. I had no place in mind, but I knew I wanted to move somewhere. So, I did, quit my job (my friends also thought I was crazy for doing that) and moved to Houston, TX, which I've never been to before the move. My friends suggested to at least go visit for a weekend but I knew it was pointless since everything seems so nice when you are on vacation. Let me tell you, leaving NY was the best decision I've ever made, Don't get me wrong, I love NY, I visit few times a year, my best friends are there, but I would never live there again. It was the best decision I made because for the first time ever I was able to go with my guts and not worry about the "what if's", I had some money saved and I set my mind to work any job until I find something full time in my field, I was not even scared. Sure enough, 1 week after moving here, while I'm still in the process of finding an apartment, my boss asked me to work from home. Fast forward, 2.5 years later, I am actually getting ready to move to San Diego too, this January and will continue to work from home. Good luck to you on the move. I also have to mention how amazing this form is. Everyone takes their time to answer questions. With the help of this form, I now know the neighborhoods that I want to live in. Great work everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego