Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:14 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,570,234 times

Advertisements

I had my second child at Scripps La Jolla and the experience was very pleasant and uneventful. They were very busy the evening I had her, so they had to take me to a recovery room on a different floor after I had her so that they could admit other folks, but it was a private room, quiet and no big deal. The anesthesiologist was speedy and gentle, and all the nurses were nice. My labor/delivery lasted all of about an hour and a half, so I guess maybe I'm not the best one to advise, but I'd gladly have another baby there if we lived close enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 04:07 PM

80 posts, read 374,800 times
Hi - I had my first child at Scripps Encinitas (we live in Carlsbad) and I wasn't thrilled with the experience. The nurses were nice, the delivery was smooth, but I couldn't get over having to share a room. My roommate was awesome, but the accomodations were EXTREMELY cramped and they wouldn't let our husbands use the bathroom so the men had to go to another floor to pee! There was a really uncomfortable chair that barely reclined and was squished in next to my bed, and I felt really bad for my husband. I could barely walk in my half of the room because it was so tight.

We are thinking of getting started on baby #2 and I'm hoping to deliver at Scripps La Jolla this time. I visited a friend there and thought the rooms were 100 times better than Encinitas. If you don't care about the room -- the staff and care at Encinitas was great (except they are VERY pro-breastfeeding and natural birth, and I wasn't into either one) -- but I'm hoping to have a better experience the second time.

Has anyone delivered at Scripps La Jolla? Where does the husband sleep? Can I have my daughter come and visit and stay in the room? Someone told me their 2 year old was allowed to sleep in a pack n play in the room with her... not sure if that's true. And any recommendations on doctors for that hospital? I am in Carlsbad so I'm hoping to see someone around or north of that hospital. Thanks.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,512 times
Dr. Timothy Maresh delivers at Pomerado hospital. I want the world to know how amazing he is and how well he cares for his patients. He delivered both of my kids. Dr. Maresh and his entire staff is great and friendly. I absolutely love them all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego