Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 03:53 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,773,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
SoFla>>>SoCal. It has better weather, beaches AND is cheaper! SoCal has good beaches and weather too, just does not match up, and to make it even worse, it costs so much more.
Better weather? You have to be joking. I do agree that Florida has better beaches but that is about all. Florida's topography is very boring where the highest point is SE Florida is a freeway overpass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 04:04 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,051 times
You're kidding, right? Has better weather? You clearly have never spent a summer in South, or hell, any part of Florida. Yeah, when it's 95 degrees with 95 percent humidity, it's so much better than San Diego's 78 degrees.

San Diego isn't perfect. No place is. But I've lived in one of the supposedly better places, DC, and I can tell you that this place is a whole hell of a lot better. You take a two or three percent pay cut versus DC, but the cost of living is ten percent lower.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,200,921 times
I like the heat and humidity! I love the thunderstorms and warm nights. It is nicer to me than San Diego's dry weather and cold nights, even in summer! San Diego has nice days n summer, but I just prefer the 90F weather, especially if I am gonna hit the beach. Then there is winter. It is true that Tampa gets hit by a few cold days, but usually in winter is 72F and at night just 53F. Compare that with San Diego's winters: rainy, 62F during the day and 45F at night. Not bad, but Tampa has the nicer winters.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,051 times
Is it South Florida you're talking about, or Tampa. Tampa, sir, is not in south Florida.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:33 PM

I know it's not South Florida, I'm talkin' Tampa. BUT I also do like South Florida.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I know it's not South Florida, I'm talkin' Tampa. BUT I also do like South Florida.
Rather then complaining about San Diego, why don't you just move to Tampa. I lived in SE Florida but moved back to San Diego because I didn't care for Florida. However I didn't bash it when I lived there.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:00 PM

^^I will move to Tampa, or somewhere else in FL, pretty soon! I'm not necessarily saying that San Diego is an awful place, just that it isn't for me.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:06 PM

14 posts, read 17,378 times
I visit Tampa, Florida many times including st petersburg, Miami, Fort Lauderdale , Del ray beach and some other parts of southern Florida. You are right about Tampa being boring, unintelligent people and racist. But I will give it thumbs up for the weather, I love the warm breeze in the evening because I'm jogger myself, I don't mind tropical weather. I lived in Los Angeles for about 8 years and now I live in Santa Barbara area, In about a year I will be moving to San diego. I wouldn't recommend Los Angeles to live. Definitely SD is a much more better place and yes the people here ( SD) are intelligent and book smart unlike Tampa, not that many red necks at least not on the level of Tampa. There is definitely more to do in Southern California and the whole state in general compared to Tampa, Fl.

I think SD is a good choice, good luck in what you end up choosing.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:12 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Rather then complaining about San Diego, why don't you just move to Tampa. I lived in SE Florida but moved back to San Diego because I didn't care for Florida. However I didn't bash it when I lived there.
As you can see he did not move to Tampa, but Philly instead. Philly, as I am sure you know, is a wonderful place.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
As you can see he did not move to Tampa, but Philly instead. Philly, as I am sure you know, is a wonderful place.
Yes, Philly is a great place.

I spent some time in Philly right downtown. I enjoyed myself but I sure wouldn't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego