Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 02:37 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,051 times

Advertisements

It actually was pretty cool. Of course, I say this because my friends and I were walking to the event. We heard the boom when we were on Harbor, and we thought that was just the warm up. I remember thinking that if that's how they're gonig to start, it was going to be a hell of a show.

And it was. For 17 seconds.

Look on the bright side. If you've ever wondered what it would be like to light off all the fireworks at one time, you found out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 07:47 AM

1,471 posts, read 3,338,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchNsniff View Post
I went there last year and my friend was so bummed that he didn't bring any marshmallows. It was funny, but I ruined a pair of shoes with sandy marshmallow crust that I couldn't get off. And it was just ridiculous. And then somebody's gotta clean it up the next day. I didn't feel like returning this year. I feel like a grumpy old woman now, "those dern kids and their marshmallows..." haha.
When I heard about this, I had the same thought! We were able to watch from our steps. I understand there are tons of volunteers that do clean up. There were still marshmallows on the beach this weekend, not fun to step on! I thought the show was not too bad for a neighborhood display.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:44 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Days later and it's still making news

Worldwide boom: San Diego fireworks get 4 million YouTube views - latimes.com

Old 07-10-2012, 07:47 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
Not San Diego's fault...

You guys can do what we do here in the NYC metro...blame Jersey.....it was Garden State Fireworks.
Aw, New Jersey apologizes! Actually from what I understand, Garden State Fireworks is a very reputable company. I think they feel really bad about it. They have offered to present another show, although I don't know if San Diego has taken them up on the offer.

N.J. fireworks firm aims to move past San Diego misfire

Old 07-10-2012, 08:03 PM

75 posts, read 107,926 times
You gotta be kidding me! The fireworks were controlled by "Snooki" and "Pauli D" or whatever their names are (I don't watch the show...obviously)!!! LOL! Change the headline to "The cast of Jersey Shore sabotages San Diego's Big Bay Boom" ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Aw, New Jersey apologizes! Actually from what I understand, Garden State Fireworks is a very reputable company. I think they feel really bad about it. They have offered to present another show, although I don't know if San Diego has taken them up on the offer.

N.J. fireworks firm aims to move past San Diego misfire

Old 07-11-2012, 06:19 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroSamuraiSD View Post
You gotta be kidding me! The fireworks were controlled by "Snooki" and "Pauli D" or whatever their names are (I don't watch the show...obviously)!!! LOL! Change the headline to "The cast of Jersey Shore sabotages San Diego's Big Bay Boom" ;-)
Ha ha! I don't watch the show either (once was enough).

Old 07-13-2012, 04:59 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroSamuraiSD View Post
I think they are reverse bridge-n-tunnellers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego